Tuesday 24 March 2009

Under the Sea

I have always felt that the mercritters of sl don't get enough play. They don't have enough places to go, tho it has gotten better since the time I first rezzed. There isn't enough items that they can start with, that aren't a fortune.

Well today I'm going to show you what I found on my search!

Ruina Kessel of House of Ruin let my use her new store build for these pics. The new store isn't open yet(neener neener), but in the meantime you can go and join her subscribo and grab some great freebies.

What does she have there, at this magical undersea store? EYES! Some people collect skins, some shoes, some just anything in a certain colour. Me, I collect eyes. I don't even want to tell you how much I have spent on eyes. So the above pic, you get those. But not just those, the whole darn set! and there are 2 other sets too.

This was my fav find of all. When I saw the ad I was sort of iffy. Didn't know how great those primmed parts would work. Well this thing is great, with the ao, it just swishes so nicely. It's also GREEN! The starfish are also really rad, if your not wanting your mer nips all out there for the mer boys to oggle.

The Green set is the only reason why I'm wearing pink again. It totally make me happy enough to forget I'm in this horrid colour. At least I look like I'm going to eat the next diver I see. The redeeming part of this is I like the scale transition to human skin. nifty feature. There is a blue Merman Tail sitting with this one too, so get you man all dressed up, mer role play, ooooo.


I'm in love with the tail on the left. Sad thing is I had already taken all these great photos, to find out that the owner is changing locations. So you'll have to wait a wee bit to get this one.
The goldfish one I thought I'd play up, she looks like she just won a fight with a Betta.


Love
LOVE
This Staff
Makes me want to make earrings to match(scribbles on project list).

Found this Snarfblat in a mini hunt, It's one of those ongoing type things. The owner of the parcel just wants you to have a bit of fun. Little treasures all about. There is a poster up near the shop to find out what you have to do.

I loved the sparkliness of this tail. I normally don't go for that sort of stuff, but I'm a mercritter now, so sparkles are a must.

The eyes look like they are from the depths of the deepest hole at the bottom of the ocean. Perfect for getting your mer on.

Now it can't be all fun and games. There are still predators in the water.

nana
nana
nana
NA NA NA

(The Helena Version of the Jaws theme songs)


These I got when I first found Grendel's. I had to purchase them. But they are now all only L$1. So you lucky people get them for almost nothing.

They have a really unique ao. Sort of slithery.

They come with everything, skin, eyes, shape, ao plus fishy bits. I'm wearing my own shape tho.



This was suppose to be red. NOT PINK! or salmon, whatever. It's so not red. But there are lost of colours and guy versions too. Same as the shark, there is one for the dudes.

Mer yourself out:

Picture 1

Eyes-House of Ruin-Toxic Eyes: Mezereon set-L$0

Picture 2

Tail-Atargatis-Green Seaflower Tail-L$0

Picture 3

Tail-Seven Seas Mermaid Lagoon-L$1

Picture 4

Left
Tail-Mermaid Salvage-Mbuna Mertail-L$0
Top-She Want Revenge-Group Gift

Right
Tail-Joyful Creations-Goldfish mertail-L$0
Skin-Domestic V-Group Gift

Picture 5

Tail-Joyful Creations-Star Bright mertail-L$0
Staff-Mermaid Salvage-Dreamcatcher Staff-L$0

Picture 6

Snarfblat-Ariel's Cove-Mini Hunt-ongoing
Eyes-Kunstkammer-Surrealist Eyes - Black-L$1

Picture 7

Shark AVI-Grendel's-Shark Siren-L$1

Picture 8&9

Sirens AVI-Grendel's-DeepSea Sirens-L$1 each colour
I'll Upadte you on the Mermaid Salvage items when I find out where the new store is going.

6 comments:

someone somewhere said...

YAY MERS!

Also, if I'm not mistaken, everything Grendel's is mod, so if it's not red enough, you can probably tint it down to a proper shade :)

Helena Stringer said...

Ya but still when I buy red, I want like bloody RED damn it!

I modded it after tho. Didn't think of it before.

You aren't going to say anythin about my shameless plug?

HEHE

Renee Harvy (Duh!) said...

Hmmmm, I've yet to try life as a mermaid but your post inspires me. I love the starfish, and the blue one is to DIE for.

AstroSphinx said...

yay!! shameless plug of Ruina's Shop!!! /backflips
/claps!!!

Oh and I too LUVS mer creatures.. if you look about I think there are some siren versions of myself posted all over flickr from various past posts... to varify my "mer-ness" :D

Helena Stringer said...

@Renne

It's a good thing to have lyin around, for those crazy themed parties. I do have to admit tho, it might be hard for you, seeing as you might not want to part with your booties.

@AstroSphinx

YAY! SHOP!

You'll get plugged in there too, someday I'm sure. Specially for the opening. I'll have to search out your mer critter pics.

YAY! for the merries!

Hempy Weezles said...

Loved this post! .. so much out there to explore your mer side for little to no money. Well done.