Tuesday 20 November 2007

Pretty as a Pixel

I've been meaning to dedicate a whole post to the PixelDolls free gifts for a while now. You've seen the leotard in the previous post, well today I am going to show you some more.

This is the 'Celeste' dress which can be found at one of the entrances to the store. There are 10 different colours in the folder, I've only worn the colours which match with my red ETD wedges (a group gift featured in this post) because I couldn't be bothered to change shoes. SL is under maintenance, the laaaaag, it was killing me again!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have rarely worn this dress and I don't know why, it's absolutely beautiful. On close inspection the jewelled detail is esquisite.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm going to wear it all the time now, will someone invite me to a posh do?

*The skin worn is Hollywood Gloss by Minnu (group gift, no longer available)
*The hair worn is ETD Phoebe, (1L)

The 'Folder o' Free stuff' (which also contains the leotard) is in a sign in the adjacent entrance to the store. This folder has a great combination of tops in many different patterns and textures, these can be worn alone or under the black wrap. Here is just a small selection of tops in the folder.

This is the black wrap worn over the Bamboo wrap tank. The wrap is great for layering and I love the bound sleeve attachments on it.

pixel_019

pixel_020

pixel_022

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The jeans worn in the above pics are part of the free Cimmaron set. Thanks again to Azia (who does NOT have a big butt), at last I found the set again. It's in one of the on-rez stands, not immediately obvious so here is a pic of it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These jeans are excellent because the belt is included in the texture, no messing around trying to fit it. The jeans and tops come in many colours, and there are purple gloves too.

This is the complete Cimarron outfit in black and purple.

pixel_029

The jeans look great on guys too, see Eisa's post.

This skin is the new Mellie -Natural Beauty group preview gift from Blowpop (I wish I looked like this with no makeup on). To get this skin join the Blowpop group, go to notice history and open the box on the last group message, there are 5 different skin shades in the box. Thank you so much to Annyka Bekkers for giving your group these beautiful skins over the past few weeks.

The hair worn is Sugarcube, Cotton Candy (not free).
The Boots were 1L from Talisman

7 comments:

Annyka Bekkers said...

Aww thanks for the nice post, Creamy:) Your photos always make the skin look great. BTW, is it just me, or does everybody get a generic Photobucket page when they click on the pics? I hate how Photobucket doesnt let me look at a closeup.

oh, and there's another free goodie in the notice history from last week if you didnt notice it.

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Hi Annyka,

Thank so much for your kind comment. Ooh another goodie *rushes off to check*. If you mean the beautiful cranberry fizz skin it was featured on this post

http://slfreestyle.blogspot.com/2007/11/unisexy.html. I love it!

Yeah, sorry about my pics, I'm a bit of a 'tard when it comes to uploading them. I am trying to work out how to make them bigger but I def need to brush up my skills in this department.

Currently I am using Corel Paintshop Pro X and uploading them to Photobucket, probably not ideal so any tips are welcome.

Annyka Bekkers said...

Oh yeah, you DID blog it! And I saw it when you did. I am a dork.Sorry for the tease ;)

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with your pictures. I think its just a Photobucket thing where they hide the full size pics from the public. Which I guess is a good thing if you dont want random strangers poking around in your photo library, but it doesn't let you see closeups, which kind of stinks.

Anyway, I love the blog. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

You have some great, simple, modelling poses that I really like - were any of them free/transferable?

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Thanks Annyka - I don't really mind people seeing in my photo library as they are just SL pics, so I think I will look into using a site where the pics can be magnified. Can anyone recommend one?

Kie, I pick up my poses from various places, the ones used in these pics were only 30L from Milcaholic - I'll send you the LM. I also often use a photosphere at Unique Needs store, they have great backgrounds and poses. I've just bought one of these photosphere's myself, I'm in the process of setting it up with my poses.

You can get the photosphere from a store called Kyoot for 1,500, they are definitely worth the investment if you have a blog or love to take lots of pics.

Annyka Bekkers said...

Try Flickr. They have a pretty good interface, they let you tag your photos, comment them directly, and upload at any size and they're pretty liberal about adult content. (Ive had Photobucket remove pictures that had a stray nipple showing). Plus you can add your pics to any of the many many SL photo groups

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Woohooo, Flickr worked a treat. Once I figured out how to get the HTML code for each pic.
Thanks for the tip :)