Thursday 25 July 2013

Love Donna Flora / Hucci and more Hair Fair

 I didn't do justice yesterday in my post with the gorgeous Hucci group gifts.  Join the subscriber as Eboni Kahn, creator of the Hucci brand, does not skimp on gifts.  This month she included exclusive pieces of two of her new releases.  Above I am wearing the Rouen dress with its bright pop colors.  Today I am showing two non-gift hairs from Hair Fair, both from favorite designers.  The hair above is Andrea from Wasabi Pills; MissAllSunday Lemon makes some of my favorite hair and I adore her textures.
The second group gift from Hucci is the adorable Oulu Romper again in an exclusive color.  The fabulous team over at Deco made the Hivish hair that I sport.  Deco is a store that is not afraid to get out there and they released several designs for men that really special.  There is also a cool dollarbie gift at their booth at Hair Fair 2013
The jewelry I am wearing are from my vast collection of Donna Flora goods.  I first learned about Donna Flora from the Free*Style blog, which I avidly followed way before I joined the team.  Squinternet Larnia, genius behind Donna Flora, always had some fantastic gifts which got me started and left me wanting more. She was one of the first truly elegant designers that I followed, especially her exquisite jewelry.  Squinternet is currently very ill with cancer that has metastasized to her bones.  Some lovely ladies are hosting the Love Donna Flora event that runs July 25th – August 24th to raise funds for alternative therapies and nursing care that she needs to keep fighting the cancer.  About a billion designers have created one of a kind items to help raise funds, items that are often inspired by their love of Squinternet's vast body of work.  The official blog has posts from a myriad of her fans in SL, including one by our very special Teshan Wycliffe, who is an amazing jewelry designer in RL. I was touched by the tributes and took me back to when I got so much inspiration from SL fashion, in which Donna Flora played a major part.  You may also leave a personal message of love and encouragement for Squinternet on the blog.  The sim that is hosting the event has been a bit wonky today so I cannot wait to get over there and begin shopping the event!

PS: I left a donation box for Squinternet at Shop Free*Style. It is on a table near the teleporter on the first floor.

Credits:
Photo 1:
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Andrea Hair: new release at Hair Fair 2013 (don't forget this raises funds for Locks of Love!). Slurls can be found on the official Hair Fair 2013 website.
Dress: Hucci: Rouen Dress: Subscriber Group Gift
Jewelry: Donna Flora: Tosca Earrings
Skin: Glam Affair
Photo 2:
Hair: Deco: Hiveish Hair: also found at Hair Fair 2013: slurl also on HF2013 official website
Romper: Hucci: Oulu Romper: Subscriber Group Gift
Jewelry: Donna Flora: Laura (one of my all time favorite pieces from Donna Flora)
Skin: Glam Affair