Saturday 16 May 2009

It's my Ruin

***Warning, this blog post might just blow up your browser. It's been filled to the bring of totally awesome goodness. I, Helena Stringer, and not responsible for any outcome that may happen from reading this blogpost, other then making you totally rad looking.***

I have a little surprise for you all today.



I gush



and gush



and GUSH



about my House of Ruin eyes. Up until now, the store has been under reno. It wasn't so bad, I had a tp down to the new build grabs some up while Ruina was flitting about, and then the vendors mysteriously went offline, and no more new eyes for Helena! I was heartbroken. =(

hor-2

Well this week marks the Reopening of House of Ruin!

The build has fallen from the sky where it use to be, to settle as ruins under the sea. After months of being under the water, a community of octopus have settled in to make it their home. They are a skittish bunch tho. Reefs have begun to form, and you may be lucky enough to see a few mermaids flitting about from time to time.

hor-6

If your really lucky, you'll get to see the denizens of the underwater habitat, Ruina Kessel, owner of House of Ruin, or AlterEgoTrip, owner of Eyes by AET. There is also talk of a secret lab, where strange collaborations between the two creators may pop up! EYeL@B! is it's name, see if you can find it.

hor-7

Join in the dance, as human or Mer, in the center of Ruina's store. Prance around as you shop for eyes that tell a story, of who you really are inside, or what you aspire to be.

hor-8

hor-9

To mark this event, there is a hunt! Both stores are participating, and you can also snag a few of their collaboration eyes, the first taste of whats to come.

hor-3

The opening hunt runs from May 14 - May 30. Your looking for shells, and if you look at the House of Ruin sign picture above, you'll see one on it, that is one of the little buggers.

Rules as Per Ruina:

RULES??
1. Feel free to make cheat sheets, hint sheets, tell your friends where they are, tp people to the prizes, blog them, announce them in groups, whatever. None of that bothers me in the least. Have at it! :)

2. Please DO respect that some people enjoy hunting, so don't shout finds in vicinity chat.

3. If I find anyone, or if anyone gets reported to me for griefing or harassing, it will result in an insta-ban from the store, likely pemenant.

that's it! Enjoy!

I thought it fitting to swim about on my journey to my new eyes. So I had some help from my Plurkies(and my darling Wifey) and scored some fins for you!

I love the swirling look to these eyes, they are one of the Collab items between the 2 designers, called Swimming Horses in Water Birth.

hor-profile-pic

The tail is from an Underwater garden, in a place called Wingdom. It's got a bunch of stuff to start you off in your mermaid adventures.

hor-1

Dahlia is another green eye. Lubs! It helps me portray my innocence. It works right? RIGHT?

hor-5

This tail I picked up a while ago at Malaika. I'm a lover of green things, can't you tell. DEATH TO PINK! There are a few tails there to pick up, to start you on your way.

hor-4

Now Ruina, like all good designers, has an Inworld group, and a subscriber system. But like most designers, she only spoils her inworld group like silly!

And oh she did, there were so many eyes, I crashed my viewer, trying to pan thru them all. HEAVEN!

These are some of the ones you will find in the package:

hor-10

Now the hunt items are not to be left out, and there are even MORE of those!

hor-11

The all the skins in the 2 picture sets above were dropped on me by Bambee Pelous. She is redoing her skinline, and decided to set the old ones on XStreet to L$1. There are a few others not shown. But there are a good start to getting your fantasy makeover on the right track.

AlterEgoTrip has been a busy girl as well, bringing us some new mystical wonders for eye loving needs.

hor-12

The Skins used in these pictures above are not free, but one of my lovely fans, Cerdwin Flanagan, has been restarting up her store, along with all her spectacular artworks on Flickr. These are part of her first in a hopefully long line of skins to come.

Now I leave you off to adventure, but watch out, there is a sharky girl out there! This is the new finset, made by Cheran Snook of the store Atargatis. I blogged her free tail in my first mer-critter post here on Free*Style.

hor-13

This set is not free, but is her new project she is working on. She will have them out soon. For now, you'll just have to see me slice the waters in it. It made me gravitate towards a darker skin, which I did nab for free, but it's not free anymore. I never realized how lovely Tuli's dark skins are, as I stick to my rather pale RL colourings, or just plain deathly white.

Skin-Tuli-Natalie dark 07-L$850

hor-14

The makeup went perfect for this last set of eyes I'll show you. These are Prismatic in Witchery.

So go off, flip a fin, and have some fun exploring the new build!

I'm off to find dinner

CHOMP CHOMP

***Why is there stuff not Credited? Find out why here!***

16 comments:

Gidge Uriza said...

I am terrified of Octopi.....I CANNOT GO!

Helena Stringer said...

haha ya I noticed that mistake, to lazy to change it right now

Gidge Uriza said...

I didn't notice a mistake. I just saw a giant octopus in one of your pics.........
aaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Helena Stringer said...

ya there are a wack of them, and they do sort of just pop out of nowhere, it's funny

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Why do you use this blog for self promoting your shop?

Helena Stringer said...

Ermmm, Noor, I actually don't, I don't credit my stuff, never have.

I do link to a post stating why I don't, cause the IM's inworld were getting to be too much. So now people know to ask in comment.

None of the Designers on this blog, but Creamy herself, promote themselves, unless we get permission. So I'd love to know what I credited.

My items that are free have sometimes been posted on here by OTHER bloggers.

Helena Stringer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh ok ok I misread then, my apologies Helena

Helena Stringer said...

thankd hun, for taking the time for the inworld chat, sometimes my humour doesn't come thru right!

Bams said...

I wanted to drop by and give a big hug and a thanks for your post. My XLStreet boxes have been buzzing ever since.

Love those eyes. Bunnie and I plan to hit that hunt in a bit. TC sweetie. XX

Mouse said...

All but 3 on that hunt. just three. And I cannot find them to save my life. I've gone cross eyed looking for wee shells xD

Thank you so much though, I love Ruin's eyes. And YAY for fantasy skins. For some reason that LM isn't' working for me though :\

someone somewhere said...

Oh my goodness, Helena, you spoil me! What a wonderful post! I'm just ... really ... wow. And you took such beautiful pictures! Thank you!

And nice to see Bambee here, I've loved her skins for quite a while. Glad to hear there might be new ones soon! :D

Helena Stringer said...

@ Bambee---> I'm glad it's doing something, and your more then welcome. Sorry I didn't do some crazy post with them, but they did go perfect with Ruina's eyes.

@ Mouse---> The link for the skins is not to a actuall sl spot, it's to XStreet. You need an account to log in, and to have cash in there as well. I just double checked it, and the link does work fine. So sin yourself up! There are alot of great deals on there.

@ Ruina---> awwww I lubs you, of course I'm going to do a wicked rad post. I also posted it on the Mer Ning network, cause they hardly get anything to do, someone told me to join up on there. Might be a good idea for you too!

http://slmerfolk.ning.com/

Hempy Weezles said...

Wow.

<3

Helena Stringer said...

you like the crazy Chat eh Hempy?

Hehe!