Thursday 26 March 2009

No Hair for the Hair Designer

HEY! It's me, Helena. Helena Stringer. I'm relatively new here. This is my 6th post. I'm just going to talk a bit more about what I do here on Free*Style, and what I do in sl. You may not care, so those of you that don't, just zippity on down to the bottom. For those of you who asked inworld, I'll explain some things here.

Today I wear no hair in my post. This may shock some of you girls, but when you get back up off the floor I'll let you know why.

I happen to design hair in sl. That's what I do, among designing many other things. That's not why I'm here on Free*Style, to pimp out my wears. I'm here cause I've been a fan for a long time, and someone took a chance on my abilities to make a post, make it fun and exciting. Also the fact I'm a cheap ass, and love my deals. Some things don't change.

But just because I'm here, doesn't mean I'm going to change my business ethics. I've been asked alot recently by Free*Style blog fans in sl(there is a comment box here you know!) why I don't credit everything I wear. Well that's because I wear my own items that I have made, along with all my finds. And for the fact that I'm first and foremost a Hair designer, I ALWAYS wear my own hair. I do this for business reason, not that I don't enjoy other hair. I just find it really bad taste to wear my hair designer tag, and have someone want what I got on, and it not be mine. Plus I'm proud of my designs.

So when I don't credit something, it's simply because I made it. You guys are more then free to ask about any of that stuff in the Comments of the posts. I just don't want you guys thinking I'm turning Free*Style into my own personal shopping channel to my store. This will be the last time I mention any of this. From now on my posts will link back to this one at the bottom, so any new person can find out the reasons why those items are not credited.

I really just don't want to be bald all the time, you know?

*Spatulas people off the floor*

(Look at that primwork! Crazy!)

I've had Alpha and her many alt enjoy my works for so long, I had AlterEgoTrip give me the landmark to Alpha's store, Alpha Tribe(fitting for all those alts!).

Now this girl, she is what NPIRL(not possible in real life) is all about. The imagination that goes into each piece is beyond a level most designers have achieved.



Each work is an art piece, walkable art.

I had to do a close up cause this just struck me. This was built for a custom instillation at the new sim Poetik. It's nifty cause you can wear it an pose with all the manikins there.

Both of these have male versions as well, so guys, you can have some fun too!


She has some sets for sale, but the cool thing is for most of them you can just grab the skin for L$1.

They have a futuristic tribal quality, which I feel goes with the store name so well.


Each skin set has it's own unique style.


There are even a few with Male version included.


So come visit Alpha Tribe to get these wonderful free and dollar items. To get the Avatar in the 3rd pic tp Here. It's there with all the manikins.
Eyes-House of Ruin-not open right now(the Store)

H out



3 comments:

Renee Harvy (Duh!) said...

WOW! Totally stunning, everyone of them!

Helena Stringer said...

Ya, it's some vision Alpha has got, I got to see some of her new one the other day. They are just as crazy.

Elif Ayiter said...

Helena! I tried to leave a comment last night but blogger was acting up and wouldn't oblige.

Praise coming from you is praise indeed! So, we are all totally thrilled!

the designers of alpha.tribe ;-)
http://graphofullstop.wordpress.com/