Sunday 16 November 2008

MnM Hunt, and it is a hunt....oh yes....

....AKA, the most confusing hunt in the virtual world (if you don't speak Japanese).
Once I had completed it though, in hindsight it was really rather simple. Info on the MnM website HERE

So the hunt started yesterday and runs through to 24 Nov and you win wonderful prizes from *BP, MCH and Honey Kitty.

You begin at the Okinawa sim, you are looking for a large acorn which appears randomly in certain locations. It is the same acorn which appears all of the sim, so you don't need to collect them from all over the sim. I found 3 places it where the acorn appears but there are more locations.

The 3 places I found acorns
hunt okinwama Acorn locations

BUT, it's not as simple as you collect an acorn and you get a prize...oh no! you are sent on a trail for your prize, you have to work for it.

When you collect an acorn you are also given a notecard which gives landmarks to 3 more locations : Electro Kitty, MnM at Glass Earth and MnM at Oz. So my tip is, stay where you are and keep collecting around 8 or more acorns (in case lag swallows them, which happened to me).

Go to one of the locations on the notecard you are given (it is the same notecard with each acorn), where you will find treasure chests.
Click on the chest to open, see your name above the chest.
Ctrl + drag the acorn from your inventory into the open chest)
*You don't need to put an the acorn in every chest. I have written on the photo's below how many acorns you need at each location, please read the pictures carefully.

The 3 locations on the notecard given with the acorns.
Hunt - acorn drop chests

When the chest accepts your acorn (any problems please read the MnM blog), you will be given a leaf which says *wear* and a notecard with the prize location LM.

Hunt - Take your leaf to next location

Take your leafs to the prize location and touch a chest to open. When you see your name above the chest drag your leaf into the chest.
Honey Kitty and MCH have the same prize in each chest so you only need one leaf for these. BP* has 3 prizes so you need 3 leaves.

BP* has 3 gifts, drop a leaf into a chest at gift 1, 2 and 3 location as shown on the photo below.
Hunt - BP Leaf Drop Chests

You only need to drop a leaf in 1 chest at Honey Kitty and MCH as they all contain the same prize
hunt HK & MCH Leaf drop chests

After all your efforts, well what do you win? Cute stuff, that's what!
hunt_001


hunt prizes 2
Gorgeous Smooch pumps worn above are from Vinyl Cafe, free for a limited time

Hunt prizes 1

hunt prizes 3
The skirt and top worn above are by Pink Outfitters. The top is a group gift (search Pink Outfitters and look in notice archives) and the skirt is 1L in the Pink Outfitters store.

The Xmas tree with couple pose shown below is also a BP* prize, comes in snow particle or no particle version and different sizes.

Here I am posing with my real life cousin (SL name 'Chapman'). He's wearing a normal male shape here for a change, he normally looks like a turkey in SL. I remember when he was born...arghhhghghghghghg (I feel old now)
hunt prize 4

Big thanks to Jojoruno, elka lahane and a lovely mysterious girl called Teshi (who if she reads this blog won't realise it was me, as I was playing an alt) for helping me with this hunt.

Also to my fellow confused hunters Zuzu and Uma Ceawlin for making me realise that it was not only me who felt like a total retard doing this hunt. XD

14 comments:

Auntykuro said...

damn. thanks for posting how to do this. cause................yeah, i'd feel stupid too :D

Iz said...

Well, it's good to see that I was not having a massive blond moment (although I'm brunette in rl I am known to have blond moments now and then)
I gave up because I did not think the gifts would be all that great but after seeing your post I think I will give it a try again. :)

Anonymous said...

um.. yes... I did too lol

Anonymous said...

I got all my acorns.. then went and got the leaves, but no notecards with the prize locations :(

Dorra

Anonymous said...

me too, got two MCH leaves but no notecard in either... sigh...

Drielle said...

I HATE this hunt! ate most my acorns, so confusing! Thank you for the guide, makes it way easier.

Creamy Cooljoke said...

I also lost a few acorns and leaves too, I thought maybe it was because it was so busy when I did it and was just having a laggier day than usual. Hope it gets better for you all :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I will go back, even for such yummy gifts. My head still aches from trying yesterday.

elka said...

Too bad for all whiners, yes it IS not so easy... but worth it so much and besides, it GETS easy if you take the time to ask someone and fully understand it, after that it only takes a few moments... Afterall, Creamy had to ask me 2768726382643 questions LOOOLLLL (thanks for the mention lover, it's appreciated :3). Anyways super awesome and complete post dear, I thank you from the community! <3

Candy Lemmon said...

This was so super helpful!!! I referenced this post like the dictionary when I was finishing this up.

I can always count on you girls to make things easy and fun. Thanks again!

Rika Watanabe said...

There are about 3 individual acorn objects (all named "[MnM] Acorn") -- maybe more, I didn't count once I found one that wasn't camped -- and each goes through a certain pattern:

1. Acorn goes invisible and waits something like 30 seconds to a minute.
2. Acorn moves to a random location among those programmed into it and becomes visible. This is the short time it is clickable.
3. Once acorn is clicked, it dispenses an acorn key and returns to step 1. Apparently, if it's not clicked soon enough it does this anyway, but I don't know how long the timeout is.

So for best results, look/scan for an acorn object that nobody's camping, find it with show invisible, alt-cam on it and wait. It actually moves, instead of creating a new acorn object, so when it does, your camera will move with it, which gives you just about a second to click it before it runs away.

After that, you only need to remember to Ctrl+drag acorn keys into chests instead of just dragging them and all will be well.

Anonymous said...

OK, it turns out the MCH redemption offices are on the second floor of the MCH mainstore. I traded in my leaves there really easily. Now my friend and I are toasty warm with our freebies! BTW.. this post must have been soo much work... thank you Creamy!

Creamy Cooljoke said...

yay, ty for the helpful info.

Valentina Ott said...

i don´t know what happend...i use the leaf then click the chest, after this appears a pop up to select function in 10 sec (clear or check).why? thx