Saturday 20 September 2008

La Sylphabulous!

Oh, the joys of a new lucky chair with a prize that no one can resist. Huge crowds of frenzied fashionistas gather around the chair and focus their psychic energies upon it, repeating the letter of their first names over and over. The limbo between when a lucky girl sits upon it and when the letter changes is almost pure agony. Will it be my letter? Is it my turn? Some walk away victorious. (Especially those of you whose names begin with "Q," "X," or "V.") Some don't. Some who have been waiting for ages are bumped by ladies imitating horses with horse bits and arms that end in hooves. (That is a very long and odd story that is probably best told by Olivia, lol!)

My turn finally came today and I had to blog in celebration of my personal victory over the La Slyphide lucky chair. Stephanie Misfit has just released her "Erin" line of skins, combining hand-drawn and photosourced goodness to create some of the most stunning skins I've seen in SL. The lips are magnificently matte with rich hued lipsticks and the brows are natural instead of being over plucked to Hades and back. I picked up a few while waiting for an "A" to snag the Lucky Chair exclusive "Barbie" skin that I'm so over the moon about.

There's also a splendiferous lucky chair gift at Violet Voltaire! There are two jewelry sets within it, and I was lucky enough to get the "Hethr" set (named after the very lovely Hethr Engel of Closet Crisis fame). The delicate crown necklace comes in silver and gold.
And yet another awesome lucky chair is currently at Draconic Kiss. This "Koneko" Lolita-style dress is purrfect for fall (and strangely makes me think of pumpkin ale, which I'm completely nuts for..and pumpkin spice lattes...and pumpkin bread, and... ).
As much as I love fall, I always find it hard to give up the dresses that in my mind are representative of summer. I found this floaty, colorful little dress from Kiwi thanks to Khory Poppy. The mosaic-inspired pattern and baby doll style make it irresistible at only $1L.

Along with the dress is a $1L Violet Voltaire "Dollie" jewelry set that you can find upstairs in her shop. It's that kind of jewelry that goes with everything and anything, and I'm sure I'll be reaching for it often. Thanks, Violet! And thanks to all the designers who give us gifties that make our inventories fat but our fashionista hearts happy. [grins]

Non-free items:
Kalee hair in "Wheat" ~ Philotic Energy (Exclusively at Black Swan)
Erin Smokey Dark Pink & Smokey Pale ~ La Sylphide
Gentle Brush Lashes ~ AC Aphrodite Creations
Bowie Mary Janes ~ Katat0nik
Bambee Wedges in "Fizzy Sand" ~ Fuel
Poses (Various) ~ [LAP]

3 comments:

Violet Voltaire said...

Woohoo! Man! Where am I when all of those other chairs are loving the Vs?! The La Sylphide chair and I have a strong bond though. I believe we are soul mates destined for each other.

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Oooh this skin was worth the wait Adaire, it's beautiful, and I'm loving the outfits too.

(My hooves are still hurting after yesterday :o )

Heather said...

"splendiferous" I like that word! Also I think I need to visit that La Sylphide chair I'm a sucker for blue eyeshadow.

Glad you like my necklace hehe I sort of demanded she make me a crown when she first started and it's so cute!!