Thursday 30 May 2013

Neither Here nor There


I told my mother that if I vanished suddenly not to come looking for me.

Alright, well it's not as drastic as it sounds. I said this because if I got the chance to leave for another world... I was gone. I would go and I would never come back. A handsome stranger to come scoop me away in a blue box, or a portal into the fae realm at the back of a hidden cave behind a waterfall. (I always check.) I would step through and never look back. The colours would be brighter, the tastes sweeter. Wind through the trees would sing like a melody and I would be at home. I would finally... be at home.

My heart would ache less for my wasted potential. I could shed my worldly cares and take new ones. I could leave my name behind if I wanted, and venture into the unknown.

When I talk about this, people tell me I should just travel. It's not the same though. It could never be the same. This earth is still this earth with these humans, these problems.

I packed my bags. I left my phone at home. I packed my ukulele, and a few odds and ends, and set off. Travel's not what I was after, exactly, but it's a good start. Maybe... maybe while I'm out here I'll find what I'm looking for.

Maybe one night, I'll look up from where I'm resting under a tree, to watch the sky's glimmering dusk, and a figure would appear. Not quite all-there, at first, but as he approaches, he coalesces; his form now clear and solid. His eyes are like a galaxy in the furthest reaches of space, and when he looks upon me I feel fear and hope all at once. Without a word, he extends his hand, and I would take it, knowing.

But until then I will travel, searching for the magic in this world alone.

Credits and more pictures under the cut







-All credited items are from arcade June 2013-

Scarlet Creative June Arcade Wooden Retreat RARE
(Elate!) - A Posh Picnic
{vespertine- fabric bird-chickadee/white}
*Second Spaces* cribbage set
Corgi! (Luca) Flop ~silentsparrow~
*~*HopScotch*~* Where to?
floorplan. sleepover tent / audrey
.:Standby Inc. - World Tour - BlackGoldClosedGuitarCase
.:Standby Inc. - World Tour - Ukulele (Rez)
PILOT - Stonehenge x
.click. World Traveler 1 (Pose & Suitcase)
{what next} Azul Scooter & Sidecar
[HANDverk]Mermaid's Purse.narwhal.rare
-----
{Sugar Heart} Sweet Factory Tights ~ Cotton Candy {Lilac}
+>A&A<+ Drip Nails - Blue Drips
(fd) Bossy Boots - Floral Pink + Orange
(NO) Vintage Portrait Necklace - Cha-Cha
*BOOM* Friendship Bracelets
*~*HopScotch*~* Consulting Detective Pipe
/Wasabi Pills/ Lory Mesh Hair - Aquatic (Hair base available separately at the main store)
Noodles - Enchanted Rose Necklace
Noodles - Fairy Tale Charm Bracelet Silver v2
Noodles - Refelection Hair Pin
Tee*fy Aurelia Summer High-Low Dress Creme
[Aux] Leg Warmers  - Cloud

[PF] Harley <Peach> - Arcade 01

http://thearcadeshoppingguide.com/