Tuesday 16 December 2008

Busy busy busy, shopping shopping shopping

Gosh what a busy day!! Yep last minute rushes before Xmas as usual for me. My kids finish school on Friday so I'm trying to get my shopping done before then, as I'll have no time (or inclination) do it after that.

I probably won't get so much SL time as Xmas is fast approaching, (I imagine the same goes for my fellow bloggers). I have decided to place a special Xmas Freebie Tips comments box on our blog where you can all leave tips, you can also join the Free*Style Flickr Group to show photo's of your finds, (please put as much information about your outfit as you can under your photo). The Free*Style Flickr Group feeds through to the blog so all the readers can see, you can click on each photo to see it in more detail. Store owners are welcome to advertise their gifts too, just incase we don't get around to showing your creations..you can imagine how crazy our blogging folders are right now.

I've got a mixture of goodies here which I collected over the past few days.

16-12-7
Xmas skin - Aki Kimono (1L)
Group Gift Hair - Tekuteku (1L or free)
Brown Eyes - Snow Rabbit (POE Globe Hunt Gift)

16-12 encemble
Outfits: Encemble (group gifts in store)

16-12-8
Ear Muffs & Hair: BP (free)
Clash Tee by Chav Paderborn at Uncle Wiggly (free)
Wrap: Dysfunctional Dolly (group gift in The Hole at walk sim- walk into the dark hole...)
Shorts & Beach Clean Skin : [42] (free or 1L)
Legwarmers: Encemble (footprint hunt gift)


I'm still working my way through the footprint hunt, but basically you hunt at each store location for a red/green stocking, or a gingerbread man, this contains the gift and the LM to the next stores. Some of the stores I have found it impossible to find the gift. I found it easier to just TP to each store direct from the blogs listed on the footprint hunt blog, rather than try to find each gift which contains the next LM. Good luck on that one, it's the gifts are wonderful so it is well worth it.

Miu Footprint hunt gift
Sunday Dress: Miu (footprint hunt gift)
Hair: Tekuteku (1L)
Beach Clean skin: [42] (free or 1L)

16-12
Hairstyles & Eyelashes: House of Heart (free or 1L). There is a hunt on there until Xmas
Beach skin: [42] (free or 1L)
Sweater: Ki2 (1L this week)
Wrap: Dysfunctional Dolly (group gift in The Hole at walk sim- walk into the dark hole...)
Skirt: Miu (Footprint Hunt)

Today I also did the plod hunt for the awesome bag worn below (See Achariya's post), wow this sim is fantastic, it made this hunt a pleasure. A big huge thanks to Jordan Giant for helping me out. Upstairs in the plod store I found a couple more freebies, this box with sit animation and a wood pose stand.

16-12-9

Bedtime for me, I've got more shopping tomorrow, I've got a girlies night out on Thursday so I neeeeed to get an oufit. Oh the joys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

heya gorgeous. love the eye makeup on the beach skins from [42] but i only seem to have/be able to find the Beach Clean pack from previous gifts. Looked in the 42L wall at the store and they're also not on the freebie wall. any tips? they are lovely!

Uri and Nara said...

A couple of things:
1. The link to Aki Kimono takes me to a car dealership next to an area that is "no entry."

2. You listed the makeup with the purple shadow as a Beach skin at [42], but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am dying to find that skin!

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Hello, thank you for this gorgeous shopping! I love the Aki Kimono skin and the gorgeous Teku Teku hair!!! Makes a great mix!
And no problem with the links/surl.
Great work!!!

Creamy Cooljoke said...

okrebecca, i went back to the store to check and they are on a wall called freeness next to the shorts - http://slurl.com/secondlife/TROPICANA/185/56/22 - hope you find them :)


Uri & Nara - i just checked the LM and i landed in teh store, try right clicking link - copy shortcut and pasting into your chat in SL and then click the link - might work better - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Wagaland/98/26/43

The beach skin doesnt have purple shadow, its the lashes that give that effect (thelashes were in teh House of Heart hunt) :)

Yay thanks Winter :)

Anonymous said...

hey again! not to be a pain but they were so lovely i've not been able to forget them yet. uri and nara seem to be hunting as well so i thought i'd ask again where the beach skins regular line are. i followed your slurl and that is the same wall of freebies i spoke of before. the free skins are "beach clean" not beach which you listed as the purple eyed ones. they do look like the same base skin but the made up ones do not appear to be in that store anywhere. i am pretty thorough. perhaps they are not available anymore? when did you get them?