Wednesday 25 June 2008

Sn@tch & Grab

Quick post for me this evening, as I am spending most of my week running errands and furiously packing for Spain. I am going to be studying abroad for a month, something I've always dreamed of doing and the cards fell just right to let me take this last shot to do it.

What does this mean? I will be contributing to the word count a lot less on the beloved blog. With only a month there, I should really concentrate on getting out and seeing it instead of being glued to my laptop on SL! Speaking of laptops, I am not so fortunate as to have a laptop that isn't ridiculously hostile to Windlight. Believe it or not, running WL crashed the hard drive right before my first round of exams in law school. That sucked. So, if I do have a chance to post, I will be pouring through Flickr pictures from the Free*Style group, so please keep up your great contributions.

Now...let's discuss some Sn@tch!

Ivey from Sn@tch released the "Forever" upper body tattoo awhile ago for her goth brand, [The Hunger]. She's just updated it by adding a lower body tattoo and some gorgeously detailed hand tattoos that have black nail polish too. (I lurve that kind of thoughtfulness with the nail polish!) She's generously set it out for free until Friday at 11:59 PM SL. This time it's not hidden, so check for it on the new release wall.

If you're like me, you're constantly searching for well-made, everyday basics to compliment your wardrobe. Just the other day I was spelunking in my inventory (sans miner hat, alas) to find a great basic black beater. I found this Everyday Girl tank and paired it with my favorite jeans to rock the new tattoo. It's free in-store for a limited time, and you can also pick up a pink dress next to the tank's gift box.

This "Surfing Donut" necklace (that conjures up allll kinds of funny images in my head that has nothing to do with dorablez jewelry, lol) is free from Relish. The "Nadya" skin was free from Emporio Caproni (it has probably poofed by now or will shortly).

Non-free items include Philotic Energy's "Micha" hair ($199 for a 3 color pack) and GearShift's "Rider Kick" jeans ($200). The pose is by Long Awkward Pose, who is still having that 50% sale until Friday. I strongly suggest to those with an interest in snapping pictures of great finds for the Flickr group to pick some up -- some poses are only $12L.

While I was in Sn@tch, I saw this "Devata" set and loved it so much that I had to post it. For $250L, you get 6 cropped Hindu-themed tops and a gorgeous fill skirt. It goes perfectly with the free "Forever" tattoo and you can't beat the price for that many different tops.

I will try to crank out one more post before I head for la universidad, but just in case, much love to the readers who have encouraged and supported me since I started blogging. I miss you already. xx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola Adaire! How exciting for you! Will miss your blogs terribly, but wish you the time of your life! <3

olivia connaught said...

fly safe, have a dreamy time, take lots of pics, and no signing on to sl tooooo much or i'll peench you <3

Cheri Pye said...

bueno viajar Adaire!

Wish you a fantastic time :)

Btw, You look so beautiful in the Emporio Caprioni skin. I think you should model for them :)

<3 Cheri

Ashia Tomsen said...

*sniffs* we'll miss you terribly, learn lots and have funs!!
xx

Adaire DeCuir said...

It's so awesome to get comment lurve. Thanks ladies!!! *gets choked up*

Gecko Gorilla said...

Great job on the SN@TCH hun. As I said before.. you will be missed by me more than anyone. <3

Anonymous said...

Adaire! Thanks for your comments about Spoon at Sn@tch! I really appreciate it! I'll be sending you a gift, hope you have time to enjoy it before you go!