Monday 24 February 2020

Free*Style Reboot 2020


Hi Everyone . . .

It has been a very, VERY long time. 3 1/2 years to be exact.

I never meant for my participation in sl to cease, or for me to be gone so long. It was abrupt, and totally unintended. With that being said, I am back.

Free*Style has always been a love of mine, and I have been a part of it since almost the start of my avatar's creation. I wont ramble on, maybe someday I will write out the whole story, but I started out making lists for the inworld group(when we had one), as a freebie finder, then eventually became a guest designer blogger. One day, I ended up Co-Owner!

Free*Style is my happy place, when I don't want to work on stuff for my store, or whatever else. It kept me sane for many years, when I couldn't travel far IRL, or put a lot of money into my avatar, in the beginning. It challenged me, I loved finding almost fully free outfits to showcase here. I don't need to now, but it is fun. I also love treasure hunting. I also met a lot of fellow designers, bloggers, and event organizers. I got to see many sides to the digital world we have created.

So I am back, and Free*Style is back. .

It is going to be slow to start. I have to go over all the flickr groups and revamp rules.

I need to check like all the links and whatnot on the site

I don't have a team anymore. I know Sileny is still around, but keep missing her, just noticing her go offline.

I want to bring Shop Free*Style into the future, now that there are mesh everythings for your base avatar.

I still plan on doing tutorials, even more so, as I learn all the new and changed things in sl.

I have to get us back on feeds, we were dropped by many, for good reason, as we were very dormant.

I want to continue to promote those designers that we considered our core. So designers, please be patient with me, as I re-establish Free*Style. I will blog your things, I just can't guarantee how quickly.

I'll have to make a new team, eventually, as Free*Style was never meant to be a one woman show, even if that is how Creamy started it.

There is a lot, but I love it, and when you love something, all the work doesn't really matter.

I figure, on my own, it might take about 3 months to get everything settled on the site. Some things will be easier than others. Some things annoying and tedious. Shop Free*Style might take a wee bit longer to get going, just because there are a lot of connections I have to re-establish.

.

.

.

To Sileny, I will catch you one of these days, maybe soon, since I have posted this! Or maybe I really just need to pass you a notecard??? haha

.

.

.

To Everyone, I am happy to be back, and look forward to seeing what you are all up to!

.

.

.

'Til Later,

Helena Stringer

Free*Style Co-Owner