Thursday 5 November 2009

A Good Tutorial

Renee over at the awesome FabFree posted this tutorial HERE on how to find the creator of an item and I thought it was great and wanted to share. Check it out! I think no matter what you decide to do these next two days, whether it be participating in Step Up! by not uploading anything for 24 hours, or by participating in Artist's Voice and ceasing any transactions involving $L, having a healthy discussion and swapping ideas to stop theft, or just doing the Ach by supporting your fave designers and buying all of their stuff, we can all agree that education is very important. Many people have no clue that this thievery happens in SL, and even if they do, they have no idea what effect it has on people or how to spot it or what to do about it. So thank you so much Renee for the great tutorial.

Please don't mind me if I link good tutorials as I find them :D

2 comments:

Felon Fhang - Furious Form said...

I love this function of inspect BECAUSE it allows you to find if the product is authentic, however, it's downside is that it allows people to rip off your entire look and cheapen allll the effort you put into making it, and the individuality you are expressing by creating your own look is just plain cloned to death by everyone with a lazy imagination because of the same feature. What a double edged sword.

Sileny said...

Well, if people steal your look you can be flattered and it will make you up your game, lol. I personally do get irritated when people "copy" a look I put together, but at the same time I am extremely happy to be bringing business to the designer. If you see someone who tries to be a total clone of you just say "Hey, that look is great. Too bad it looked way better on me a week ago >:D" Hehe. Bring out the fashionista cattiness! LOL!

But really though, it is an amazingly useful tool in the battle against content theft and I am so glad we have it.