Friday 12 June 2009

Playing with paper.doll

I'm probably dating myself here but when I was little I loved paper dolls. They required no electricity and I would spend hours quietly playing, hoping my little brother wouldn't find me and ruin my great time. My little brother is now a big Harley-boy and would still pick on me for playing dress-up on SL. Some things never change.

Speaking of change, one of my favorite stores, .::Stuff::., recently rebranded and changed it's name to paper.doll. Zoey Gabardini is the creator/owner of paper.doll and added a Lucky Board and has left generous gifts at the counter.
This sundress, Rosebud, is the current prize on the Board. There are 2 boards set up with the same prize so your chances are increased for a fast win. It's cute and summery. In RL I am not very girly but for some reason pretty little dresses appeal to me in SL. This one fits the bill.
In the free gift bags at paper.doll I found this leopard shrug and a fat pack of leggings. I added a bustier that I have had in my inventory for ages. The leggings have rich colors and great detail and I think the shrug is shmexy and a classic.
I heard about this dress from the Free*Style group. I was very a la folie and is found in a magnifying glass. The slurl should point it out. I was very impressed with both the texture and fit of this dress. It required absolutely no mod and I am constantly modifying skirts to fit me. While you are at the Fashonista sim, you MUST look around for magnifying glasses at other shops (ahem, Glanz skins!). They were easy to find and I found some new shops I will return to.

I cannot neglect to tell you about this fantastic free skin that Ashia tp'ed me to check out. It is at Vive9 and honey if you don't go there you must be cracked in the head. It's called ::LoveDOT:: Modelesque and is one of several skins in a white shopping bag. They are older released skins but they are new to me and will be well loved. This is an extremely generous gift. Thank you to BluAbyss Denimore, the creator, for sharing this!

Not Free Items:
Picture 1/3: Hair: ::AddiCt:: Solange - this is Kianna Noel's first hair. If this is any indication of her talent I will be coming back for more.
Picture 2: Hair: Novocaine: Caelyn - one of several on sale for 50 L on Truth Island.
Boots: Zenith: Long Leather Boots

2 comments:

About me said...

What effects do you use to get the photos like that?

Unknown said...

Hi Ollie... this was a quicky. I used Picasa, which Ashia turned me on to, for my first round of editing, then just picnik'd them in flickr and threw a frame on.