Thursday 19 March 2009

RFL Gets Smexy

First I need to get a little something off my chest. It came to our attention, through a eagle eyed reader, that another blog had not only been taking our posts and translating them, but our pictures too. Not just our blog either, several other freebie blogs were pilfered in the same fashion. I don't care what planet you live on, or what language you speak, this is not fucking acceptable, ever. Also, all my pictures on Flickr are All Rights Reserved, not Creative Commons. The blog in question has since been deleted, but it really beggars the question, is everything now fair game? And when is enough, well enough?

ssr

Onto prettys! Yay for Silk & Satyr, totally stoked to see them at the RFL Clothing Fair. All of these amazing gifts are from the awesome designers that I adore! Also, I'm trying a little something different with my pictures, I was totally inspired by my Sasybum, cos everything that woman photographs makes me wanna spend :P

silk1

silk2

Head to the Silk & Satyr booth at the clothing fair to grab all this Pirate Booteh (as the pack is called)

silk3

The gorgy chokers shown are also part of the gift, so generous. On a sadder note, one of my fave groups Lucky Chair Stalker was disbanded last night. On the plus side, Ms Eden, who was a very active officer in the group has started the Lucky Chair Stalkers group. It's open enrollment for the moment and all group members can invite other members. Please remember, there are designers who have requested to not have their chair letters called in groups. If you're not sure, contact myself or Eden and we can provide you with a list of those designers. Lets have fun, but do it respectfully. Ash Out.

Not free
Hair
Maitreya

Skin
Bebae

7 comments:

Sasy Scarborough said...

ppppppppppy Belated Rezday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

xoxSasyxox

Unknown said...

oh dood... had a rezday?

Btw... Lucky Chair Stalkers (with an S on the end of stalkers) is not showing up in group search (dunno why) You can look at Ashia's or my profile to join.

Kristin Cabaret said...

I feel your pain about things being stolen...I do graphic work and someone stole one of my band logos..I had to get a lawyer and all this other B.S...it took 7 months for it to finally be 100% taken care of :[

Ashia Tomsen said...

Kristen, aww dude that so sux. Just the thought of someone taking my pics and pretending to be me, creeps me out beyond belief. Apparently the person concerned is oh so sorry, I've yet to receive an apology, and none of the other blogs stolen from have either.7 months is crazy outta control, something needs to give, before artists of all kinds just stop.
<3

Sasy Scarborough said...

wonders where her H and A went *scratches head* and ooooooooooooooo the pics, and awwwww inspired ♥♥♥♥ I loves you, was so excited to wish you a Happy Rezday and run off to RL didn't gets a chance to read first time around.

Glad I came back to make sure I did though, by the way I LOVES YOUUUUU, and boo on the theft , so not cool without permission.
xoxSasyxox

Terry Toland said...

It's copying problems like this that lead to the anal retention we've seen in the past- two extremes feeding one another.

I know I've been trying to credit things I show on FT if I've seen them elsewhere first. If I use others' pictures, they also get credit and links (usually, these are vendors on FT, though on Broke and Notorious, I have snagged pictures of Mr. Winter; again, though, I link and credit). Otherwise, I do what I can to be original and be me, just like other bloggers.

Ashia Tomsen said...

Couldn't agree with you more Terry. Inspiration and credit are one thing,we all do it, it's just ethical. This was a different beast altogether I'm afraid. Apparently she/he was also claiming to be me, that they had taken the pictures and written the posts. Free Second, Fab Free, Bonikita, and Julietta I think are some of the other blogs used in that one also. All this happened when I was asleep, so by the time I woke up, the blog had already been deleted. None of us know who the "writer' was. Apparently they deleted the blog when one of our readers complained to them. Bleh.