Friday 20 March 2009

Ironic, Don't you think?

Here I stand, a statue. Trapped in a cast of a creature normally known for turning men to stone. So what gives?

The Armorie-a Jewelry event like no other!

Held on the Platinum sim, this event is till Sunday. It's a showcase of 5 jewelry designers:

Candy Cerveau (.::eyecandy::.) - emerald
Caliah Lyon (Muse) - pearl
Kesseret Steeplechase (KessKreations) - ruby
Violet Voltaire (Violet Voltaire) - amethyst
Saiyge Lotus (Balderdash) - smoky topaz

What are the Gem colours for?

Well there is a Journeyman's Quest, and your invited to join in!

You are a journeyman jeweler newly learning your trade. You have traveled to a magical labyrinth where you've heard you can perfect your skills with some of the finest jewelers in the land. You will be given jewelry boxes, and in the labyrinth, your task is to seek magical gems to fill the box. The gem names beside each designer name above is the colour for that designer.

Aren't they cute? NO! THEY ARE DEADLY AND WILL BING YOU OFF THE HEAD REPEATEDLY!

There are very detailed instructions upon rezzing into the sim. They are too detailed(and super well written) for me to put on here, or I'll take the whole darn Free*Style page. It's tempting, but I'll be nice.

What I will tell you is there are 2 parts to the hunt. There is a silver quest open to all, and there is a gold quest as well, I'll explain more on the gold in a bit.

So it took me about an hour to get 12 of each gem. You need 6 per gem for each of the hunts, silver and gold.

Follow the instructions carefully, I screwed up once, and had to go re hunt, and it took me forever to find my last gem. So read the notecard. READ it again. Then memorize it. Then act it out like it's Shakespeare. Then write a 1000 word essay. Backwards.

It's really not that hard. I just want you to read the note so the organisers aren't plagued by IM's.

Here are the silver gifts sans Violet Voltaire, Adaire DeCuir will be showing you those soon in her next post here on Free*Style.

Left Top Corner-KessKreations Silver Hunt Gift
Right Top Corner- Balderdash Silver Hunt Gift
Left Bottom Corner- .::eyecandy::. Silver Hunt Gift
Right Bottom Corner- Muse Silver Hunt Gift

Now to participate in the old hunt, it has one little twist, to get those hunt items for free, you must get a 7th gem. it's called the Flawless Gem, and it's can't be found in the maze. Each designer has picked out a few of their designs for sale that include this special gem. So you have to buy one of the items that is marked with the gem. Only those times will have it.

This is the item I bought from .::eyecandy::.. It's a steal at L$250, and is red and gold, what more can a girl like me want. Oh and it's got spiky thinks. I could dig someones eye out I think. Or dirt out of my nails. I do have nails right?


Sanguine Temptress Necklace-L$250

Below are the pictures of the Gold hunt prizes, again all but Violet Voltaire. I will have them on flickr if you can't wait for Adaire to see them.

Left Top Corner-KessKreations Gold Hunt Gift
Right Top Corner- Balderdash Gold Hunt Gift
Left Bottom Corner- .::eyecandy::. Gold Hunt Gift
Right Bottom Corner- Muse Gold Hunt Gift

So if you like shiny things, or getting concussions, come on down!

Wearing:

Skin&Eyes-Imagen-Mannequin Skin&Eyes-L$1
Dress-Ashia posted it here first!. It's the only white thing I really had. White gets tossed in my hate pile with pink(sticks out her tongue).

2 comments:

AstroSphinx said...

I absoultely loved your description there "Aren't they cute? NO! THEY ARE DEADLY AND WILL BING YOU OFF THE HEAD REPEATEDLY!"

Morning tea never took on quite a path until now...nearly out the nose!!

makes me sad I missed this hunt too, just because it seemed so complex- and of course your description!

I wanted to say that seeing this blogg randomly on occasion I am quite happy to see some new bloggers coming in.. with huge style names I can trust in!

Helena Stringer said...

I just went back to look at this blog, and saw your comment

I'm glad you liked it, and sorry about the tea, I'm sure it was really lovely tea, and didn't deserve the death it gained by my remarks.

Ya I enjoy doing the occasional post, it's almost like a reward, I work then might get to do some crazy fun post!

It is refreshing having all the different bloggers, popping up from different walks of life. I think it's fun doing something different from time to time. I've been having a shitload of fun with the mermaid posts!

I wish you could search the blog by blogger name, so it'd just pop all that persons blogs up. Maybe I should start tagging mine.

Well thanks for the random chat.

H