Tuesday 24 March 2009

Domestic Goddess

Arrrrgghhhh...I can't stop 'til I clean!!!
I'm not an average housewife ;p

The following stuff featured are mainly from BLONDE - a retro and vintage household goods store, I have blogged this place before and is in LOVE with all the retro stuff...I raided the store until I dusted/cleaned everything...

BLONDE has some really cute sculptie aprons up for grabs, this one below was featured in my previous post: In My Home, I Danced.

Let the class begin!
Apron is still free at the store!

The following kitchen/household related items are all from BLONDE:

Domestic Goddess

Front view of the pocket:
Domestic Goddess

BLONDE Spring Clean Pinny - Patchwork, $10L

Domestic Goddess

Front View:
Domestic Goddess

BLONDE Spring Clean Pinny - Floral, $10L

NOTE:
You can also buy the duster, yellow rubber gloves (just like how mama cleans ;p) AND the 2 pinnys featured here all for $50L. Just click on the poster next to the 3 mannequins to buy.


Clothes worn: .:MALT:. Fashions - LE AUTUMN Tunic B/W (sim opening gift)
Hair: Ursula (group gift) hair from EXILE as mentioned in previous post
Shoes: Moody!!! Not free
Earrings: :MD: Indian Pearl Jewellery Gold {multi}; Part of a set from Mashooka Designs, not free

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya Suri, now while I think those cleaning items would be funny to use on some slave/ sub boy and make him clean up my prim house...
however but from my personal point of view, isn't that going a little bit to far, to have women doing domestic chores in SL?
The store is called
"Blonde" ( I am not a blonde, but not all blondes are ditzy heads ).
I don't know, maybe I look to much into this and it is meant all in fun.
But I somewhat do take offense, that women, if the creator is a female, is trying to stereotype us females as some retro house cleaning, playing house, kind of women.
I would like to see all those items, aprons, duster and so on, to be made for males in SL.

The question is...how many males would really purchase cleaning items, and play " Mr Mom ", in SL?
No offense to you Freestylers, I love this blog, but this post just somewhat made me raise my eyebrows.

Noor~

Suri Christen said...

Noor, every one has different views and I understand, but I really think you are looking too much into this. I got these items and they look fun! I decided to use their kitchen/lounge for the pics.

BTW who said that Blondes are ditzy? I love being a blonde and I am definately not ditzy. The creator of BLONDE is a very sweet lady and does not come across as the sterotype of girl. I am sorry, but I am very pleased with this post and the items shown; and I love playing house once in a while...I'm just sayin...nothin' wrong with cleaning if you like it.