Monday 6 October 2008

Getting carried away with Halloween

I'm one of those people that takes inordinate delight in Halloween in SL, but I'm not necessarily all that gung ho in RL. Well, other than the candy part. As I expounded upon in a previous post, trying to get all Halloweened-out in RL usually turns out to be an enormous pain in the arse. Alas.

But it's the cat's meow in SL for sure! I love getting into it by picking up great costumes, attending parties, and pretty much just going buck wild. Check out some of these yummies you can pick up for free or close to it as the grid gets carried away with Halloween!
Har har. This "Up Up and Away" freebie pose with balloons from Sugar Mill enables me to make bad puns, hehe. I think I showed it before, but it's finally available ~ the Rajani hairstyle in "Pumpkin Flecks" from Philotic Energy. It's not free but it's just $50L and it doesn't get any more Halloween for your hair!Also helping the grid do Halloween in style is Noam Sprocket of Gritty Kitty. This scarf that comes in two versions (skinny and not-so-skinny) and a color-change witch hat are $1L in store. I tried so hard to wear that hat, but something about my shape makes most hats rather tragic on me. But! Any Gritty Kitty item for just $1L is worth snapping up and lovin on.

This "Oops, I dun forgot to wipe mah mouth after nomin on ya" gorgy skin is $1L at Beauty Avatar. These Halloween themed flats are a yummy lucky chair gift at MB Creationz.

TheKat's Meow earrings are one of the many, many, many (did I say many?) amazing gifties you can find at the Jewelry Expo. Be sure to check out the hunt there, too. Details are available on signage in the sim.

This "Crazy Little Belt" from Sn@tch will be a freebie starting Thursday when Ivey sends out her group notice. (I'm proud to say I coerced her. lol - the whole fatpack will be free and they're amazingly versatile! Woot!)

The "Zombie" pose is free from [LAP] exclusively at the Zombie Love sim by her little vendor there.

Enjoi the strange but wonderful holiday season in SL, and be sure to drop me a line if you find a great Halloween-themed freebie you'd love to share.

Other items in this post:Erin "Light" Skin (Smokey Orange) ~ La Sylphide
Rode Hard Jeans (Gargoyle) ~ Sn@tch

Truth Style Tank (Storm) ~ Truth (Subscribe-o-matic gift)
Cani Hair (Black) ~ Gritty Kitty

2 comments:

Gecko Gorilla said...

*smirks* After not findin a belt you coerced Ives into givin one/some away. Always the lobbyist... :)Great post!

Bella Baroque said...

is that really the name of that skin? hahahahahaha, awesome. thanks for the infos adiface! i loves all these halloween freebies, they look great and i've tragically been to busy to hunt around myself much. listen to me, like you aren't a gabillion times as busy with your alley mcbeal life (ya like that dating myself there), okay maybe i'm just too lazy ;). <333