Thursday 19 June 2008

Lolita's Revenge

One of the first times I ever talked to Creamy, I told her how great she was at being able to rock any style and make it her own. And she is! I have never seen anyone be able to pick up an outfit and worrrrrk it. [Hums Ru Paul, thanks to Ash, lol!]

I personally struggle with venturing too far out from my customary jeans, dresses, and shoes of smexy time. It's pretty much how I dress in RL (minus the reaaaally poofy dresses and I wear the shoes of smexy time a little less as I jump on and off the subway), which is why I always disclaim my attempts at Neko-ism and other "out on a limb for Adaire" outfits. However, Creamy is really inspiring and encouraged me to challenge myself, and I thought, "Well, why not. The worst thing that can happen is I shall get nasty comments and shunned in the fashion world." Actually, all of you rock hard and I've been getting nothing but lurve, so here we go. For my first trick, I shall attempt...Lolita!

I've never really gotten the Lolita thing, but I have a(n) (in)valid reason why that is worth sharing. I have gone to Catholic School my whole life. This has inspired many a naughty escapade and rebellion-inspired hijinx, but Lolita was banned and I never got around to reading it. Despite not getting it, a lot of the "Lolita" style dresses in Second Life are kyoot, but I've backed away from it because I wasn't sure how to rock it. But then, I found out about Crimson Shadow's newest lucky chair gift!

If anyone has captured Lolita's iconic style perfectly, it's Draconic Kiss, who recently did some commissioned pieces for Rezzable. One of said outfits is called "Fleur" and is now in the lucky chair and totally worth stalking. The details on each of the pieces of the outfit are stunning, and it comes with jewelry and so many different options for how to wear it.

What convinced me to take a stab at posting Lolita a la Adaire was Crimson Shadow's sale on these "Vamp" skins that I'm wearing in this post. I'll do Lolita, sure...it's gonna get a little messy. [grins] This skin is called "Cobwebs" and is on sale for $100L with a few other skins until this coming Monday.

The "Dani" hair with ribbons entwined throughout the strands suits the dress perfectly and is from Philotic Energy for $199. The poses in this post are all from Tuli's aptly-named "Lolita" pose pack for $250L.
After seeing how lurvely the Crimson Shadow Draconic Kiss dress was, I headed to DK's main location in Koreshan and checked out the very generous wall of freebies. The dresses and tops to be found there aren't new to freebie veterans, but they're pretty and worth mentioning to those who haven't heard about 'em. This Crimson Shadow skin is also on sale for $100L and is called "Assassinated." The "Betty" shoes from Jeepers Creepers are available for $250L.
Alright. Enough of beaten up and assassinated Lolita. Lolita's pissed and she nom nom nom'ed some dOOds and she's proud of it. This Burgundy Lolita style dress is also free at Draconic Kiss, and this is another Crimson Shadow sale skin, called "Ravenous." Nom!
Lolita is in fact so pissed, she turns Samurai Laura Croft-ish and gets some kitanas to wreck some shizzle like shiiiiing! (Kitana sound. I think it would sound like that, anyway.) I knew I couldn't stay Lolita-ish for the whole post, but I did my best. The more-appropriate-for-Adaire "Black Widow" skin is another skins on sale until Monday at Crimson. I found this "Spider" outfit while stalking the lucky chair, and for $500L you get the works. It's also worth noting that it was made by Forda Fairlane of Haute Style & Co.

The "Deception" boots are from SiniStyle ($450L) and the pose is by 5ifth Order ($100L). The pose is a part of the "Revolver" series, but as you can see, you can whoop arse with a multitude of weapons with them.

Stay tuned for more fashion challenges and more reader pics, and your comments are always appreciated!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

*gives Adaire a lollipop for worrrrk well done* ;P

Anonymous said...

wow.
i have no idea where the freebies are?!
I looked for over 30 minutes....
bizaree
where are the draconic kiss freebies!
help!
ha ha
cheers.
Dahlindah Destiny

Anonymous said...

you can get most of the draconic dress (but not all I THINK) on onrez if you can't find them in the store.


-gidge

Ashia Tomsen said...

Go Adi!! You look bleeping awesome. (I'm trying to censor myself, as I got in rl trouble at rl work for my um.....foul mouth XD!)I love love those skins on you dude
xx

Candy Lemmon said...

Honestly, despite being a "little girl" look, the Lolita style of fashion has little to do with the book. Lolita the character was sort of a sporty all-American girl, in shorts and plain checked dresses.

(can't resist a chance to discuss my favorite book hehe)

Adaire DeCuir said...

Oooh, thanks Candy. I didn't know that! Learn something new everyday.

@ Dahlindah - head into the shop that has hair and dresses and whatnot, and go all the way to the back on the left. On a little back wall around a corner, you can find 'em. I'll update the link to be more specific.

Anonymous said...

nevermind !
I finally found it.
for anyone else having trouble;
Walk in the front entrance.
Turn left and walk to the far left wall.
Turn right.
Walk to the wall infront of you.
Look up.
The tree dresses are above each other near the top of the wall, along with some shirts and a few mens items.

Cheers to everyone who helped!

Bella Baroque said...

You did a great job! And kudos to you for venturing out and trying a new look. Thats part of the fun in SL, we get to play dress up so easily! Great finds and I'll have to grab some of those skins for future creepy pics. I haven't itched my dark-side in a while ;)

<33333