Friday 6 June 2008

Blissed out at the Bellagio

The Bellagio is quite posh I should say, especially because it is very similar to the original in Las Vegas that I have very fond memories of...that is if you define "fond" as dancing on the tables in the VIP area of The Bank and being drunk on champagne. Alas...I miss having a paycheck and not being a slave to legal casebooks. But I digress. (As usual!)

The Bellagio recently hosted the Knockout Fashion show with the Mondavia Modeling Agency and featured designers such as Liberte Fashion, Chez Nicole, and Persona. For those who missed the show, there is still an opportunity to snag a swag bag full of these designers' truly lovely things by stopping by the lobby.

This dress by Liberte is so stunning that the best photographer in SL couldn't capture how beautifully it moves, but I did my best in the Bellagio's gardens with my 6 year old PC and dying graphics card. My eyeballs almost rolled right out of my head when I saw the intricate detailing on both the prim skirt and the system skirt. I have never seen a system skirt like this, and I hope that those of you who pick up the swag bag can hit "rebake textures" enough times to get it to rezz, because baby...it's worth it. The swag bag will be left out through this weekend.

The stunning blue eyes are a gift within the swag bag from Persona, and I consider myself quite the eyeball snob to be able to tell you that. Wow, that sounds weird, lol. The shoes are also an included gift (in 3 colors!) from Chez Gabrielle.

The earrings were a group gift from Trixie's Treasures but are also available in-store. Be sure to hit the subscription sign's green button so you don't miss out on any more delicious jewelry. The "Tuli" hair is available from House of Heart for $195 and Tuli's tanned "Emily" skin in Sultry is new on the shelves and one I can't seem to take off (also not free).

I also stopped by a store called Elemiah Design today that had this fun tube dress for free. The designer happened to be in and she couldn't be nicer. There are really pretty dresses in her shop (there's one I have my eye on that just came out!) and it's definitely worth a visit. The skin is a recent Rosemar gift that Olivia just blogged.

And I know a lot of you are aware of "The Wrath of Adaire" (I hear it deserves capital letters, lol) and the recent slew of rudeness directed towards designers offering freebies. It is a real shame that people cannot be decent about receiving a gift, and again, this is pixelated clothing, not emergency rations after your plane crash landed. Would you imperiously demand that your mother-in-law hand over her Christmas present to you early? I thought not. Let's just all be decent, and encourage decency in others if you see someone acting a fool in a store offering a gift. Thank you so, so much for the many, many IMs of support and expressions of outrage at this behavior. Most of you rock. ;)

Enjoi.

5 comments:

Bella Baroque said...

YOU rock! and i hope the freebie crowd's behavior improves because it's downright embarrassing. thank you for speaking up about it, unfortunately i guess it needs to keep being said :(.

great post! these are gorgeous on you lady :)

Adaire DeCuir said...

Thanks Bella! <3

Terry Toland said...

Oye, the blatant rudeness and nastiness of some people has caused poor hya of ~silent sparrow~ to change how she gives out her freebies! Now she's going to lock the group for a week and all her older items are now for newbs. Granted, I don't mind supporting the new members, but it's really bothersome that a few people spoil the opportunity for the rest.

Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean people have more of the right to be an ass.

Gecko Gorilla said...

You look STUNNING!!! You find some the most beautiful location to shoot pics.

and on the harassment note... there is a fine line between freebie LOVE and freebie GREED. It's too bad some have to cross that line

Ashia Tomsen said...

You look boofuls
xx