Tuesday 1 April 2008

This just ain't funny....

An average 15 minutes in SL for Creamy over the past week....
  • Log on
  • Check messages
  • Try to change hair/clothes, attachment fails to rezz
  • TP somewhere
  • Wait half an hour to rezz (slight exaggeration but near as dammit!)
  • Try to buy something, doesn't work
  • Try to TP again, can't TP
  • Go into Search for something, Search not working
  • Go into Group Notices, not working
  • Try to TP again, can't TP
  • Log off
  • Attempt Relog
Logging in .................................................

"Unable to connect to Second Life.
DNS could not resolve the host name.
Please verify that you can connect to the www.secondlife.com web site. If you can, but continue to receive this error, please go to the support section and report this error"
  • Try to log in again
Logging in .................................................

"Unable to connect to Second Life
Despite our best efforts something unexpected has gone wrong"

Bollox!!

*Goes off to do something more interesting...*

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-(

I have the same thing. There are so much nice freebies on my to-do-list but the list keeps growing this way. I could only pick up a few, most things just don't work.

*aaaarrrrrgggghhh!*

Bella Baroque said...

ugggghhh, i caught it too. i can't log back in either and im pissed. i guess i will go read or clean or do something productive during my son's nap. le sigh :)

Creamy Cooljoke said...

The good thing about it is, I've just rediscovered Public Enemy's 'It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back' album which I had when I was at school.

*bops around her kitchen attempting to rap like Chuck D*

Make a playlist and put all your favies on it, add us Free*Style girls as buddies. It's almost as addictive as SL :D

http://www.projectplaylist.com/user/16676942

Cerrie Janus said...

You know I had this problem a few weeks ago, I reinstalled SL. Fixed me up in a jiff and I have had nary a problem since. Food for thought!

Stream of Music 逍遥 said...

Second Life was always like this anyways. I couldn't think of a single instance when the stupid client wasn't affected by attachment, login, clothing, teleport, or transaction bugs. It will likely stay this way too, unfortunately.

Ghanima Uriza said...

yeah... working worse with every update :S

Anonymous said...

I lost my avi for over a week around Christmas. Pleas to LL for help were answered by assurances that they were looking into or had fixed the problem but still no luck. To other users it appeared that I was online and they thought I was ignoring them.

Problem was eventually resolved but not without a lot of stress and heartache. My alt just wasn't the same and I had to have words with my partner later for being unfaithful!!

Unknown said...

I sometimes find that I have great performance in a place when others are complaining about the lag. This leads me to suspect that the network connection is the real problem and not SL itself. In such cases, the other person usually reports that he/she has cleared the cache and taken all the usual steps.

Jessyka Richard said...

I know clearing your DNS cache is a good fix for the DNS error.

Just open your command prompt and type

ipconfig/flushdns

You'll get the message 'Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache.' and you should be good to go. I know I get this issue whenever I get a crash using the newest RC. I'm also on Vista Home, the issue seems to happen to people using this terrible OS. :/