Monday 18 February 2008

Mods Hair/NTT DoCoMo - Phone Hunt

Here is another fine example of some brilliant marketing in SL which I spotted yesterday on the superstylish Paratge blog.

NTT DoCoMo is a mobile phone company (company info here), they have created a business area in SL to promote their company and it's another fantastic build. When you land at NTT DoCoMo you will be at the entrance to Bals store (the furniture is gorgeous but it doesn't seem to be for sale unfortunately).

ntt_005

The idea is you hunt for 13 mobile phones in each 'room' (Dpende has done all the hard work here, see his blog Paratge for photo's of each phone), touch them to pick them up.

ntt_001

Once you have located all 13 phones, then go over to the Mods Hair Salon -you will see 6 hairstyles on the counter, (3 styles for men and 3 for women). Touch each one and you will be given each style.

ntt_006

Here are my favourite female styles.

mod hair_001

mod hair_003

The skin worn in the above photo's is 1L 'Citrus' skin by A Piece of Candy. This is an Another Shop modified skin, I love the pouty lips Candy creates on her mods...Angelina Jolie lips!

This cute tartan outfit is this weeks free gift by Freak Couture.

mod hair_005

I had better show you a couple of the guys styles also from Mod Hair, these were my favourites.

ntt_013

ntt_014
Aden Male Skin by Imagen at Free*Style 1L.

Thank you Dpende for the photo's of phone locations, these were very helpful to me.

So recap -
TP to NTT DoCoMo and enter the Bals store
Locate the 13 mobile phones in each 'room' in the store. Touch each one and they will go into your inventory
TP or fly to Mods Hair Salon and 'touch' each hairstyle on the counter.
There you go - you've got some luffly new hair!

This is a rewritten post from earlier today because it was brought to my attention that the female skin worn in my original post was a possible rip. Initially, I didn't recognise it because I was wearing a completely different shape than usual but when I put it on my usual shape and wore the demo of the original skin I saw a similarity. I'm not accusing anyone of anything as I have no proof but I have reported this to the original creator and they can investigate further.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

lul..as a fellow reader of your blog...can you tell me where the last cell phone is...or some type of hint...it seems like it is the most toughest one to find :P

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Did you see the pics on Paratge blog? I don't know which ones you have already so I have no idea which is the last phone :D.

Have a look here, on Paratge http://dpende.blogspot.com/ this was a great help to me. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really useful.
Thanks again, Creamy!
Keep on rockin' this lovely blog of yours.

Sidonie said...

What do the phones do once you have them?

Creamy Cooljoke said...

The phone just look pretty - they dont really do anything else, but you have to have them all before you are given the hair. :)

Lawless McBride said...

7 minutes of searching for 4 hairs that i like enough to wear???...i like that math...plus i made Bo show me where all the phones were.

No said...

Do the hairs come in multiple colors, or are they all brown?

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Getting a woman to do all the hard work Lawless? - never :D

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Hi Cornelia - these styles only come in the colours shown but you might be able to tint/retexture them as they are mod :)