Saturday 6 April 2013

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

I'm about to throw my computer against the wall.  My fab new computer has great speed and memory but a horrible graphics card and what usually takes me about 20 minutes to do has taken me over 2 hours.  What I don't want to do, though, is make my frustration hinder you from some great items. I could start anew but I'm at that "screw it" point so please forgive and focus on the products.   Baby Monkey Shoes has it's free join weekend from now through Sunday evening.  The group normally costs L$250 to join but the fee is waved only this weekend.  Member benefits include lots of exclusive gifts (the 12 Days of Christmas is HUGE, an extra set of lucky chairs to increase your chance of winning, as well as sometimes significant discounts on new releases.  The shoes I am wearing are a brand new group gift, the xxxxxx shoes, in an exclusive fatpack of bright colors.  These will not be available for sale otherwise.  If you like to own lots of shoes in a wide spectrum of colors, this is a group you will want to stay in.  I know few people in SL as generous as owner, Pixieplumb Flanagan.  The cute linen dress I'm wearing is a lucky chair prize in the mesh clothing section.  I love the linen texture.
You can see from my screenshot of the HUD that there are a ton of options, including toe rings, ankle bracelets and colors.  The other tabs open of a slew of toenail options, skin matching (including exact RGB), resizers and heel sounds (I always turn mine off!).
Finally, Baby Monkey is holding a Spring Photo Contest.  The contest is free to enter and you may submit as many entries as you wish.  The clothing and footwear must be from the store but it does not say the items cannot be free, so this is a great chance for photographers on a low or non-existent budget to challenge themselves and win gift card prizes!  All the details are noted above.
I also wanted to show you the gorgeous new skin from Cupcakes, Creampuff.  Rosemary Galbraith and Mimi Coral had a creampuff skin way back when they merged their brands during the Stone Age, which I loved but I love this one more!  They are beginning to phase out their full perm skin lines and have been creating new, beautiful skins.  There are complimenting lipsticks, eyeshadows and even eyes for the skin.  I have been a fan of Cupcakes forever and am thrilled with they are returning their focus to the consumer line.  Love you two!

Credits:
Shoes: Baby Monkey: Ultimate Roxanne 2013 - All Colours: new group gift (free join this weekend!)
Dress: Baby Monkey: Patty Dress Lilac: mesh clothing lucky chair prize
Skin/Eyes/Makeup: Cupcakes: Creampuff - Creme tone (basic lip-rose/eyeshadow-black/blue eyes): New Release!
Hair: Wasabi Pills: Betty: available exclusively this month at FaMESHed
Necklace: HANDverk: Tassel Lariat - Lime
Clutch: HANDverk: Flamingo Clutch - Lime - available at L'Accessories until April 8!