Sunday 10 May 2009

Acid Burn

Yes, I completed the Keys To The Grid hunt. And damned if I didn't actually enjoy it. Pretty much every item was quality, and there was a fair heap of male content. And when you get to the VIP Lounge at the end of the event, it's just like Christmas. But I can't tell you too much more, or I'd have to kill you.

My absolute favourite item from the Lounge was this piercing by Acid and Mala Creations, called "Shut Up."

A&M


I was thrilled with the mad detailing on this thing, that key, those spikes and the chains...! (Good luck trying to shut me up for more than 27 seconds, though.) I loved it so much that I spent more time in the store today, and not only are they having a massive sale to celebrate their new mainstore location at Ducknipple, with most items either 25%, 50% or 75% off, but there were also freebies available.

This hat with hair included is a group gift. On the wall in one of the hallways you'll find a group inviter with this vendor next to it, just click to join the group then click for this unisex cap.


A&M2


Next to it are items available to everyone. This razorblade and dogtag necklace along with this really well textured black t-shirt are a gift, and wandering upstairs I found this deliciously creepy little Pumpkin Man shoulder friend also free, as a leftover Halloween item.


A&M3


The sale itself is full of bargains, I bought the destroyed jeans here for just 45l, and they also come in the same box as a cuffed shorts option. And the skin I'm wearing in this post is one of the half price items, it was just 250l. I honestly didn't expect it to be much chop at that price, but I put it on and loved it right away.


A&M4


You can see that they haven't skimped on any of the details in the shading of the body at all. This is a really well defined torso and collarbone, and you can take either Elusyve's or my word for it that the butt is similarly well treated. I own some damn expensive skins, and this one is right up there for quality. It's not a freebie, no - but it's worth way more then the 250l they are currently asking for it. There are also girl's skins at 300, with some really interesting make ups.

According to their store blog, the sale and the group hat freebie will only be on for a couple more days - so don't waste any more time reading this, or wondering how long it took me to fit my fangs around that piercing with this motherf**king new pie menu in the RC. Just go git.

3 comments:

Terry Toland said...

*Dribbles all over herself*

Ok, I've been trying to not get into the hunt, but the piercings are a must have. Damn you, Winter! I still have dead week and finals to go through. ;_;

Anonymous said...

perfect piecings *WANT*

Addi said...

The piercings ARE the best prize in it, I completely agree. And I haven't yet made it back so thanks for the heads up that the hat is only out for a few days! I have linden burning a hole in my little pixel pocket and I'm so there for the sale.

Loads of other good stuff too.