Friday 22 August 2008

HAIR FAIR - GO NEKKID

I just attempted to visit the Hair Fair (see Ashia's post for examples of some of the great styles you can find there). I managed to last about 2 seconds until the lag killed me, there was lots of people standing around wearing full primage, AO's and big hair and there was little me nekkid and bald.

Please, please, please... for the sake of all things holy, if you are planning to go to the Hair Fair, for the ultimate shopping pleasure (to reduce the lag) throw all your prims, scripts and other attachments off

That means swallow your pride, no hair, no AO, no HUD attachments, no scripted items, no skirts or other clothing prims. Lets all go virtually naked...so what if we all look like dorks, who cares?


Or if you'd rather not go totally naked, this outfit is perfect, this bikini is free from Mimi a Gogo, perfect for hair shopping I say. You wil find this bikini on the lower floor in the store with some other great free items.

go nekkid for hair fair_001

The beautiful Plush Piper,Super Cateye Freckled skin worn is a group gift from Rosemar Cupcakes (250L join fee)

Don't bother wearing hair, you'll get plenty of that at the Hair Fair.

TP to the Hair Fair:

Hair Fair Purple
Hair Fair Pink
Hair Fair Red
Hair Fair Orange

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bikini is not any different than any pair of pants and a shirt in terms of lag, and is worse than homemade, texture free clothes. So you might be cuter in the bikini, but it's still two textures, plus your nice skin. (yes, it's really nice, but it's more work for the server than a solid color over blank texture.) If you really want to be paranoid enough to go "naked" - it should be naked in the server terms, not human.

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Good point anon, I'd rather go naked :D I remember seeing some free no texture avatars around as well, i'll have to find them.

Thanks :)

britta said...

i went in my favorite skin and a bikini, i was still only 1 on the arc... however.. the lag killed me anyway :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Creamy! I just got myself a No Prim avatar. And my avatar rendering cost is only 1! I've uploaded some pics in the group pool with the slurl.

Nagano Shopping Mall,
japan nagano (140,40,21)

Hope this helps! :)

Anonymous said...

p/s: Creamy, in my excitement I posted 3 pics of the pink avatar in the group pool. I think you can decline 2 of them. I'm sorry for this inconvenience. :P

Thank you!

Terry Toland said...

Yeah, the point isn't necessarily to be completely free, but to have as low arc rendering cost as possible. They best way to do that is to encourage below to "think" bare, such as with just a skin or a skin and a swimsuit. I grabbed a Yabusaka skin from YABU and flew around this morning pretty alright.

Anonymous said...

I took the Yabusaka skin too, then I look like a metal statue.No clothing needed =1 prim total. Hard to get below that. Anyway, I was there several hours before in my skin and a pair of pants and a top. And I have the cheapest laptop money could buy 2 years ago. Could be that my connection is good? I crashed more before christmas 2007 than I do now.

Anyway, how do I find a certain shop? I will find the "Hebe" hair form Sanctum. It would be helpful just to know wich sim color it's in.
Mari

Anonymous said...

i did as ya'll said above, threw on a skin and bikini and went :D

the only time i encounter lag was getting near people who are loaded up with prims sitting on boxes ?

they made me lag ><

Anonymous said...

I made a blank skin that's just totally white, not very pretty or anything, but it's better than lagging and it's more visible than the silhouette avatar. :) If you'd like a copy, IM me. My sl name's Casandra Dench

Creamy Cooljoke said...

thanks for the info on the low lag skins urbanetta and cassie.

I made a skin too, its called the 'crap panda skin'. It is truly crap and it's free with 2 shapes and a panda willy gesture in the dollar hunt at our store, only 1 on the rendering richter scale as well LOL

Creamy Cooljoke said...

LOL, I saw someone today sitting on a box flying thru the air (why o why?), she had a av rendering of 4045 and the number was climbing for some reason!

IF she looked amazing I would have ALMOST forgiven her for it, but no she did not! :D

I tell ya, I'm sure these are the sort of people who contribute to global warming in RL.

Anonymous said...

LMAO Creamy....must be a trend, I just saw someone doin the same thing....but then she jumped off of it and stood around changing her hair. Heck could very well be the same person you saw lol..with the constant hair changing her ARC would jump from one thing to the next...