Monday 4 August 2008

Back in town (sin jamón)!

I've finally made my way back to los Estados Unidos and have been able to log into SL. I must say that my trip to Spain made for the best summer of my life and I have many, many stories to tell about it, several of which involve jamón (i.e., ham). If you've been to Spain, that will probably make a lot more sense to those who haven't, but the Spanish have it bad for ham. I mean, really bad.

I thought I would ham it up a little for my first post back and throw out bad puns galore with my outfit commentary, but I've been reading the blog comments pretty often while I've been away and have discovered that the general reading populace would prefer otherwise. So without further ado, here are a few freebie finds. I apologize in advance for not being able to have cool frames that label what is free and what isn't. The cords to my ancient pc have mysteriously disappeared on me and I just am not able to make it happen at the moment. *blush*

Free
Purple Dress by Kunglers (until the end of the week)
Skin by {Frick} (group gift - check the subscribe-o-matic)

Not Free
"5 Dollah Lapdance" shoes by Sn@tch (w/texture changing gems & buckle) ~ $199
Black plastic earrings" by +plus
Silver Jelly Gem Donut Bangle Set by Fresh Baked Goods
Sofia hair in black by ETD ~ $175 per pack

Free
Living Dead Shoes by Sn@tch

Eek, this is weird not to close the post with some story related thing! I promise I will get better at not getting soooo wordy like I used to, lol. Enjoi.

12 comments:

Azia said...

What? So those of us who actually like to read are going to have to throw a fit before we can see more of your witty commentary?

Welcome back to the Western Hemisphere, Adaire.

Anonymous said...

I think so Azia. Maybe all of us that actually liked the posts and stories should write up really wordy comments in protest until we get them back lol.

Allegory Malaprop said...

Your computer cords have been kidnapped. They will not be returned until the bad puns continue.

Adaire DeCuir said...

Bwahahahaha, Allegory!! Is that where they went?! ;) That bacontini was RAD by the way. I'm surprised I didn't see such a thing in Spain amongst all the ham!

And thank you sooo much Azia and Arista. I just didn't want to send the blog back into the comment chaos I witnessed from across the pond. I'll see what I can do on the witty side (although admittedly, I'm so wonky from jet lag still that the font of bad but hopefully witty puns isn't as bountiful as it usually is). xx

Bella Baroque said...

You're back you're back you're back you're BAAAAAACK!!!! \o/
I agree with Azia, Arista and Allegory. I missed my Adiface and all her punny toooo! So, without further adieu, I commence with the protesting:
WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSMOARWORDSWORDSISAYCOMMENTCOMMENTCOMMENT1ALSEJAKSJDFKAHJERJA;DSJF;AJSDF....poop

olivia connaught said...

mmmm PORK

here are some words

WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK

!

Ashia Tomsen said...

More words, moawr puns, words puns words Adi welocme back!!
<33

Anonymous said...

No wonder there aren't many "A"s at lucky chairs. :)
You girls have to fight for them!

Welcome back, chica!

Eliza Wrigglesworth said...

anonymous = coward

Welcome back Adaire! Please bombard us all with wurdz. I've never been to Spain, and I'd love to hear about it too!!!

@ Allegory - I wonder if I can figure out how to make a bacontini for real? Maybe someone should ask Wrath Paine : ))

Nivaya Barbosa said...

I wish to hear moar about ham.

Adaire DeCuir said...

I will be much obliged. Wait until I show you the picture of the MUSEUM OF HAM! o.O

Allegory Malaprop said...

I soooooooooo do not recommend trying this.

Seriously.

Real bacontinis are foul.

But!

http://www.justaddbacon.com/bacontini/

(This is not a _real_ bacontini which involves leaving a piece of bacon steeping in your bottle of vodka, nor do I think you get the hot sauce to try to mask the taste. But it's a start.)