Sunday 20 July 2008

What? This is Free?? Yes Sireee!

I was mid preparation of this post when I read comments from a couple of anonymous people to Olivia's previous post, complaining that we don't show entirely freebies. Guess what, this post is entirely free - not a Linden Dollar in sight!!

This gorgeous dress is July's group gift by Pop*Feel, wear your group tag and touch the sign in the store.

20-7_001

The amazing Auri (paint box) skin is a group gift from SINdecade, join the group and look in the notice archives. Check out the store for more variations on this skin too. The fabboo Hipster hair is a group gift by Curio as seen in Olivia's post (join Gala & Rita Design Announcements for this and the beautiful skins and jewellery)

20-7_002

This adorable outfit I spied on Beanie Loves Japan blog, (if you love all things Japanese you must check out Beannie's blog). The Starlit sky outfit is by DP yumyum, join the Itutu group and look in the notice archives for this outfit, total kewtness and it can be worn in various ways.

20-7_004

20-7_005

Now for the boring bit, you can skim read past this bit if you wish - we don't force anyone to read 'wordyness'

This blog has never been entirely freebies, which is why the title reads "Creamy & Co show you how to look stylish for (mostly) free". There are many freebie blogs out there and it is becoming increasingly difficult to find new items which have not already been blogged - if we showed only freebies we would all be showing the same stuff and I believe that is pointless and boring.

We work hard here to show you cool things which are mostly free and we like to dress them up with non-free items sometimes, we are doing this for fun! SL is supposed to be fun!

Nuff said!

Now my bed calls, ni nites <3

6 comments:

olivia connaught said...

oooo that skin is all kinds of awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey ladies, I absolutely LOVE the dollarbies too, that means that I can get more for my Linden. Imagine being able to camp, work or invest a few dollars, and being able to shop for all this wonderful stuff! Please don't stop with the dollarbies, in SL that's as good as free, it's not your fault, if anyone's, it's the shopkeepers, because this is a trend that has been going on in world for quite some time. I don't know how many times I have been at a store and saw a sign saying 'free gift', only to have it cost $1L. I don't care. If you don't have an L, ask a friend - hell, ask a stranger! Tell them you know where this really cool 1L dress is, and for 1L, you'll hook them up too. Or camp for 15 mins. and get 4L! Either way, a lot of these dollarbies are an easy score for quality goods, showcasing designers that I might not have even known about before. I find lucky chair items MUCH more annoying than dollarbies, sometimes I have to spend an hour or more checking in and actually get them, which during that time I could have camped and made 16L at a decent dance pad, or more than that, working. But I still love those too!

Keep up the great work, I tell everyone in world about this site and I wouldn't change a thing!

Terry Toland said...

Hey, Anon! :D

The girls aren't stopping with dollarbies or mixing freebies/dollarbies with non-freebies/dollarbies, just sticking it to the backseat drivers. They're emphasizing the point of showing only free and being clear about what's free and what's not at the moment. A humorous response to some not-so-polite statements. :)

Personally, I do get confused myself some days with the posts, but that more happens when they are not primarily English. Go figure? XD Excellent work, ladies!

Anonymous said...

One shouldn't forget that freebies or dollarbies aren't just put out for the heck of it, but showcase a designers goods... they animate to buy.
If you play without Lindens, then be satisfied with the fabulous (quality!) items that are displayed here, if more expensive stuff bothers you... like Creamy said - there are many other freebie blogs about these days and she even provides the links for them on this site!

Anyone who still wants to rant about wordiness, pricey items etc. should try blogging themselves - Creamy & Co. take a lot of time and show much creativity to make Free*Style the BEST fashion blog for the Linden-conscious player!

Thanks gals & Gecko - you do a tremendous job and most of us appreciate it lots and lots!

signing out... *mwah*

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your very kind words about my blog :) You made my day!

Hugs,
Beanie

Anonymous said...

A comment on that first pic in the cute dress: Could there be a happier, perkier SL girl anywhere? I so loved seeing that pic! Such an expression of joy! Absolutely loved it! Check your site daily and I'm happy with whatever you post! I do both freebies and shopping so it's all good. You guys do a great job! Betzy Bonde