Saturday 7 June 2008

I Lurve Summer Clothes!

The only trouble with summer clothes is...well, it's presumably summer if you're wearing them, and if you're on the East Coast of the U.S., you're probably just like me and not enjoying the pre-summer weather at the moment. It reached 110 degrees today and I decided to take my husky's lead and sit by the air conditioner for most of it. The good news is that I found some great freebies while I kept him and the air conditioner company!

Ashyra Leigh of Magique is celebrating the opening of her new sim late into tonight with live music and a gem hunt! The gems in Magique contain gorgeous jewelry and the gems within the close by iZa Boutique contain clothes, jewelry, and a beautiful bronzed skin! Stop by and congratulate Ashyra on her new sim and store and stay to hear some great music while you hunt. The hunt will last until tomorrow around noon-ish SL.

Now I know this will come as a shock to you all, but SL wasn't behaving and I couldn't tp to my favorite beach at Rezzable's Aloha sim to take pictures! Le gaspe! So I ended up taking them at my quiet little home I share with G while a neighbor's wedding guests kept flying crazily around and ending up in most of the pictures, lol. But here we go!

The bronzed skin and top are from the gem hunt at iZa Boutique. The bracelet and earring are from Magique's gem hunt. (Remember - the hunt only lasts until tomorrow!)

The "Femme Fatale" hair is the latest House of Heart gift that is available in-store. It comes with optional "flip bangs" that I'm wearing here. The kini bottoms are from a very generous gift bag at Stellar Designs at Relay for Life's Fashion Expo that lasts until the 9th.

Those Corona commercials really get to me - can you tell? The beach blanket with this kyoot pose is a group gift from Surf Co. It's incredibly well made and is not the average free beach towel from semi-dubious sims. Whatever that means. But seriously! The store is full of really summery beachy chic clothing and accessories too. The "Kickers Flippers" flip flops are $89L from KK Outfitters.

Of course I couldn't lounge around the house without G chasing me, lol. The lounge chairs were a subscribe-o-matic group gift from The Loft that is no longer available, but it's totally worth getting on the subscribe-o-matic list because the designer is frequently generous. I put on the Stellar Designs kini top on for this shot.

G is wearing the "Danny" dollarbie hair from Truth. His trunks are from the men's gift bag at Stellar Design's location at the RFL Fashion Expo. The tats are from The Garden of Ku (not free) and the sunglasses are from Naughty Designs (also not free).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beach shots = soooo byootiful! I wanna be where you are Adaire - it'S summer-raining here where I sit! *grrr

Bella Baroque said...

awwwz, fun and cute pics! great finds too! i totes forgot i had that lounge chair in my inventory and it needs broken in for summer fun :D. that sounded all shades of dirteh.... we know nothin is going on at the Baroque house. PAINFULLY nothing, lol.