Wednesday 28 May 2008

A little classy Sn@tch to spoon!

Yeah, I think I'm running out of cleverness with the ol' titles. But you'll get it if you read my post. I hope.

I came across this "Jacqueline" gown awhile ago and keep pulling it out when I'm feeling slinky dressy-ish. It's by Clio -pret a porter- and it's available for a mere $1L among a whole stack of freebies and dollarbies! The "Prelude" circlet in silver was a very recent group gift by one of my most favorite stores on the SL planet, Kouse's Sanctum. (Admittedly, I may be slightly biased because I won a picture competition and Kouse made a dress named after me. Woot!) The bracelet is also from Kouse's Sanctum from Kouse's hunt a few weeks ago.

The Hair Solutions "Eleanor" style is a Savoir Hair find. (I'm going to be sporting all those lurvely hairstyles for some months to come, I reckon. Yay Lanie and Teegan!!) All the manicures I've been wearing recently is from Sn@tch called "Nail Candy," and the pack comes in 38 colors for just $200L. They're amazing and extremely well done, as they do not show any white bits or weird pieces of nail like many "glove" manicures do.

Also very exciting is the Sin Skins 2.0 beta test skins (I'm wearing the "nimbus" shade) that you can receive by clicking their subscribe-o-matic. But! I will give you my spiel and say that the designer was very generous, and we should all pay her back by giving her feedback on the provided notecard (which is why we are all getting these lovely free skins in the first place). Yuss!


Next up, we have "Spoon Gurl Adaire" that was inspired by thrashing out some Soundgarden with The G Man last night while we played Rockband. There is no doubt in my mind that if I was ever filmed playing said game, I'd have to move to a little-known country and change my name. Yeah...I'm that awesome sauce.

Actually, the store is named Spoon and is comprised of Olive Juice and Social Shock. I very rarely will wear a logo stamped item (Especially in rl! Fie on the Coach and Gucci logos that have thrown up on you!) but this was just too kyoot. The hoodie also comes with a spoon, rofl. And a spoon bracelet! You'll love the shop too - I ended up buying erm...half of it. Alas.

The hair is new from *DP yumyum* that I had to have for just $120L. The "Badass" jeans and the "Belt of Doom" (I love anything with the word "doom" in it) are by Sn@tch and are available in the lucky chairs there in their new store, which I show below!


And look at the back, lol! It says, "The cake is a lie. The spoon is real." I love wicked random stuff like that. The necklace is called "Kryptonite" and is a new freebie from Moontan Jewelry.



And now...the moment you have all been waiting for...FREE SHOES!!! Ivey from Sn@tch worked endlessly to make this hawtness embodied in shoe form. Until midnight SL on Sunday, these kyoot "Streetwalkers" in "Eggplant Stars" are FREE!!! There's only one little...well, it's not even a catch. The shoes are pretty hard to find amongst the vendors in her huge, re-designed shop, but they aren't hidden, and God help you if you shout in the store where they are. Ivey threatened me under pain of beheading (Mmm..."Beheading by Ivey") to not even hint. But, the hunt for them is quite worth it, and if you see Ivey in the store, be sure to shout, "OMG, Ivey made SHOES!" She'll love it, I promise.


I was so completely flabbergasted to find free shoes that I didn't stop to think and put on other freebies. But I'll show you some other Sn@tchy goodness. Before I forget, she priced her fatpack of the Streetwalkers uber low in case you must have them all (like me). The peasant top in "grape" is one of 7 colors (with prim ruffles!) that are available for $225. The "Deadly Cords" in brown are 1 of 8 colors available for $225L.

I do want to mention the best thing I've found since Fluff with peanut butter sandwiches. Nanogunk created the "FIX Skin Color Pants & Sleeves" for $10 L that totally solves the icky flesh-colored flares bug that can happen. They're tintable and I recommend these as the best $10L you could ever spend. For someone who takes a lot of pics, there's nothing worse than seeing weird skin attached to my pants. [Shudder]

I grabbed Ivey's beloved Roblem Hogarth, the designer of !Retox!, for a few pics of the new shop. Of course the first thing I asked him was, "Do you have guns?!?" Check out !Retox! for some of the coolest wings I've found in SL. And, when Ivey does a new release is the best time to get the Riot Vend down really low and the Lucky Chair party going.


And now for another little spiel, but an important one! Please, please know that everyone on the Free*Style team tries very hard to give you the most accurate links. It is a very time consuming process, and it personally takes me over an hour or so per post, depending on how many freebies I'm showing and if I can actually remember where I got the items (this post took almost 3). A lot of freebies are available in only one location and the LM included in the box links to the main location where the freebie isn't available.

Also, many designers are like Ivey from Sn@tch and don't put a giant sign marking the item as "free." They do this in hopes that you will take a look at their hard work and not "TP in, grab, and bail" like we all do when we see a group notice about a freebie pop up. I think this is perfectly reasonable, don't you? It's all about perspective: this is pixelated clothing, not emergency aid given after a terrible natural disaster. Breathe!! And please, don't TP in and start demanding to know where the freebie is. It makes the designer upset and it makes us all look bad. I just saw this happen today and cringed as the rude chick hadn't even bothered to wait for the store to rez before she started shouting, "WHERE IS IT??" This is one sure-fire way to deter designers from being so generous and it just ain't classy.

So! If you click on a link and do not find the item immediately - don't panic! You may have to look around the shop or the sim, or you may have to use "hover tips" (see "view" on the menu bar to activate them). I did goof on 2 of them recently and I super appreciate getting the heads up from two very nice readers.

Thanks for listening and enjoi. ;)

13 comments:

Ashia Tomsen said...

well said gorgeous one. if we play nice the designers play nice. I also speak from the designer perspective too, I know I'm more inclined to be generous if I feel it's appreciated. all it takes is one person to say thanks and it makes us smile!! We love making ppl happy, thats why we do what we do!!
xx

Anonymous said...

here!here! gals. Just imagine what fun RL would be if your fave stores did the same thing that so many generous designers do in SL? Heaven on earth or what? :D
Great blog Adaire - love that jacket and wanna have spoon! LOL

Adaire DeCuir said...

Yay!! Thanks for the lurve, Amethyst and Ashia. :D

Creamy Cooljoke said...

Great finds Adaire, you look amazing. Thanks for your words at the end of the post too, I couldn't have said it better maself :)

Oh btw those Sin Skins look amahzing on you, I'm still waiting for mine to arrive :(

Anonymous said...

Thank you for great blog. I completely agree with these thoughts on "freebie ethics". Sn@tch did well - not putting huge sign on their free shoes - it's more fun to get it as a prize(anyway I didnt find it but got couple of awesome full-price items - lol). Sometimes its really kinda frustrating to see a crowd of people in front of a free item which was just announced.

Miu Elfan said...

Great post, Adaire❤
I wuv yeewwww=3

Anonymous said...

Great finds! Thanks for your hard work!
I thought I'd mention, you can get tintable barefoot socks and gloves (so you dont see skin inside the cuffs of your pants/shirts) for free from Robin Sojourner's store
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Livingtree/97/147/25

Anonymous said...

Oh...I´m so Frustating ´cause I couldn´t fint it..but I bought some good things there

Ivey Deschanel said...

Aweee ok I'll give everyone a little hint. The new store is huge! Look low and high! Can you feel that breeze? Ahhhhh...The free shoes will be out til Sunday night! Thamks Adaire. Hot pics!

Ivey

Cheri Pye said...

Wow Adaire, those are really great finds! and you're looking so gorgeous too :)

Moar Shoooooooooooz!

Anonymous said...

The new store is very nice!Biggest

Bella Baroque said...

fantabulous post mah dear adaire. brilliant even! (can you hear my british accent creamz? LOL) and like everyone else beat me to it, well said on the last part of the post. i just want to tell all you greedy gals out there who shout out that crap again in Ivey's or any other designers store: today i'm handing out lolipops and ass-kickings.... and i'm all out a lolipops!

Anonymous said...

Lovely post, Adaire. Thank you for your kind words <3

A lot of people don't realize all the hard work that goes into making the things we have in our shops, but it's beautiful to see that some people do.

The scattered IMs a get from people thanking me for things I do makes it all worth while, an helps inspire me to keep creating. I feel I'm not the only designer like this. :)

-Kouse