Monday 11 April 2016

Platform Shopping On A Budget

I dusted off the cobwebs of my avatar and made a comeback to Second Life in the past couple of weeks.  It had been quite a few months since I last logged in and I didn't think so much could change in that period of time.  I found myself a nice little sand box that had an 8hr auto return on it and have hidden myself there hahahaha.  I got the urge today after many, many.......many..... days of cleaning out my inventory to do a blog post but where to start?  I've blogged everything in my inventory that I haven't given away or deleted already.  Leaving the platform is a scary experience but I wanted a new outfit. So I hit up the marketplace to see what I could find on a budget.



It's amazing just what you can find when you are shopping on a budget.  Everything I'm wearing (minus the hands and feet, and not the poses) was purchased from the marketplace today and cost under $L200.  In fact it was only a few dollars over $L150.  I struck gold by grabbing a couple of gacha resell items that I am assuming were pull price (since they weren't inflated compared to a lot of other sellers selling the same item).  It's a bit of a gamble when purchasing a gacha item from the marketplace but I did my research and checked their profiles and reviews to see if any nasty comments and there were none.




The hair I picked up is a Christmas freebie hair and comes with ear muffs attached.  I made a copy of it and fiddled with the texture faces to delete the earmuffs.  It leaves a gap on the very top of your head but if you wear a plain headband, or a hat, it hides the bald spot quiet well. The eyes by AVELINE come in a pack of 30.  There is a mix of pupil and eye sizes as well as prim eyes to play around with, and they are free!  The dollarbie skin from 7 Deadly s{K}ins comes with appliers for SLink hands and feet and Tango breasts and also includes two options - cleavage and no cleavage.  I love the little dimples on the face of this skin.  It's a bit dark for my normal day to day wear but for a dollar it's a great pack.

Hair:  eXxEsS Mesh Hair - X-MAS 2014  $L1
Skin:  7 Deadly s{K}ins - Kandice v2  $L1
Eyes:  AVELINE Mesh Eyes - Natural - Hazel (mesh) $L0
Hat:  *Tentacio* - Admiral Lenore. Hat Grey  $L50
Dress:  *Tentacio* - Admiral Lenore. Dress Grey (mesh) $L50
Stockings:  Snowfall Sinsations - Ripped Pantyhose W-Appliers V2  $L19
Shoes:  *Reign - MaryJanes - Tan (mesh) $L25
Tattoo:  TAOX - TaTToo Appliers - Hands Crown  $L10
Manicure:  ~*By Snow*~ - Slink Nail Appliers - Fashionable Black  $L1
Hands:  SLink AvEnhance Hands Female - Relaxed & Gesture (mesh)
Feet:  SLink AvEnhance Feet Female Deluxe - Medium (mesh)
Pose 1: !bang - Summery 5
Pose 2: !bang - Stand 358