Tuesday 12 August 2008

Cotton Candy of Doom & a Superfantastic Dress

I've come to associate clothing from Rezzable with the word "superfantastic," much like The Manolo does with a pair of really gorgy shoes. They work with such top-notch designers that we all love, and it's really interesting to see how the actual sims influence the outfits.

One of these creme de la creme designers is Hyasynth Tiramisu ("Hya" to her friends. I hope I can call her that. I don't want to be wordy AND gauche Adaire!) I was familiar with her work for the Crimson Shadow sim, but I wasn't aware of her designs for the Carnival of Doom. I lurrrve the Carnival of Doom. "Dying" in SL after nahm nahm'ing copious amounts of cotton candy has never been so entertaining! Imagine my delight at finding this dress of cotton candy pinky goodness in a lucky chair as I was goofing off and taking pictures with The G.

Not only is this Carnival of Doom dress fun, but it comes packed with many, many wear options that Hya is famous for. It's free for those who stalk the 'Doom lucky chair! Do I hear a "lucky chair party," anyone?

I couldn't help but ask Hya about her inspiration for the dress. She was generous enough to answer that question despite just having a root canal. OUCH! Hya was thinking gypsy at the carnival when she designed it, and combined with that je ne sais quoi she has that makes her clothing simply magical, BAM! The Zemfira Candy Suit!

At the time I stumbled across the dress, I was trying to channel some Malice in Wonderland juju that is all the rage at the moment with a big, scary and gloriously bloody knife. But alas, I think I'm just not made of the scary to pull it off. Thanks to G for the picture taking.

Other items include Katat0nik's brilliant "Alice Hair" for $225. The brilliant part comes in only having to have one style in your inventory that changes hair and headband colors with a click. Out of the 15k or so items in my inventory, I suspect at least a third of it is hair, so I'm grateful for ANY space saving opportunities. I also have on the Bowie Mary Janes for $300L with color-changing bows.

The Vertically Challenged "Bloody Stepmother" blade is $125. (Check out the free "Crocodile Tears" there. Way rad for the pictures!) The Draconic for Crimson Shadow "Bloody Mary" skin ($1,000) made me feel just that much more Malice awesome sauce.

P.S. I have seen some really amazing pictures in the Flickr group lately! I do promise to post some of them soon. The difficulty lies in trying to find items that other blogs haven't extensively covered, but my eyes are peeled.

2 comments:

Bella Baroque said...

kaaayoooot! i love that dress and haven't been to the carnival of awesome in a while, so i feel a chair stalking in my near future. great to have you back and you look amazing! great finds :D

Anonymous said...

Bella, IM me when it says a V or F (do lucky chairs go by first or last name nowadays?) The pink would surely flatter my skin!

Vint